Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sick all week with the flu. Could barely get out of bed. Worst flu I've ever had. Almost killed me. Some freak Asian/Martian thing I think, mutated several thousand times over by jumping between pigs, chickens, giant wasps and humans. Mother nature is getting pissed and trying to thin the herd...

I used to get sick bad several times a year because of working extra hours at home at night and kids bringing back germs from daycare. 2 things helped immensely - working less helped me (good luck with that) and having pork bone soup twice a week helped the whole family. We still get sick occasionally but it is just mild sniffle and coughing. My chinese mother in law makes the soup but i did it once it is super easy. Dont bother with multivitamin tablets

I know this is a simple and presumptive way of looking at it. And sorry for being one of THOSE guys that throw advice at you. I just want you to live haha

Got a flu shot in October . Still picked up an upper respiratory infection that laid me up for 2 weeks over the Christmas holiday. Probably worse condition I ever had of that type. My dad was on his last days and had to be there for him and did not think I was gonna make it myself . Glad to be on the other side .

Got a flu shot in October . Still picked up an upper respiratory infection that laid me up for 2 weeks over the Christmas holiday. Probably worse condition I ever had of that type. My dad was on his last days and had to be there for him and did not think I was gonna make it myself . Glad to be on the other side .

Same thing here. That was rough! Fortunately no one else in the house caught it.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Flu shot has nothing to do with protecting against other virus'. Last year flu KILLED 80,000 people. 80% of whom did NOT get the flu shot. Get it yearly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any of you could die at any time. You should still have enough time left to consider adding a codicil in your will leaving me one of your guitars though.

I was sick all week with the flu. Could barely get out of bed. Worst flu I've ever had. Almost killed me. Some freak Asian/Martian thing I think, mutated several thousand times over by jumping between pigs, chickens, giant wasps and humans. Mother nature is getting pissed and trying to thin the herd...
Take it easy Cliff

Just loaded it on the engine and gave this a short try on headphones before leaving. Coming from FW9, not so much a volume issue, just more of a very good bite IMHO, it's quite pleasant !! Will have to tweak down though a bit my pretentions on the Twin Rvb I use regularly (almost blowing my ears of with my G&L Telecaster). Will dig this a bit further tonight and give it a shot in rehearsal tomorrow.

Thanks again FAS, a very very beautiful farewell present for the AXE FX II users we still are.

Post rehearsal: will need some time for tweaking. Seems to be more midrange compression in this FW which will need adjustment to my patches so to better cut through the mix on soloing. Rythm sounds great. Forgot to adjust my OUT2 to the CLR in backline that cuts highs and lows and adds a few dB to midrange; maybe should have tried this in flat position.

Last edited:
i don't know if it's a sort of placebo effect, but the amp sims i tried after the upgrade sound asbolutely stellar

thank you very much for this extra effort on the new firmware

My dad died this past December 26th.A year ago he was fit as a fiddle......then cancer.I still think the chemo and all the bullsh1t the doctor's gave him killed him faster.He was bed ridden as soon as the doctor's got there hands on him.Same exact thing with my grandmother happened.

I kinda like this firmware in terms of getting closer to the real tube sound, but I'm also experiencing frequent clipping and both in the guitar sound and also the audio playback when I use the unit as an audio interface. Anybody else having the same issue?

* I'm also experiencing the sound fading on right & left channels randomly even when there's no clipping!

So we all get the flu shot with the next firmware update...
:p
All the best, got a good hint of that down this way in CR, hopefully sweat some out at the open mic jam tonight as I work through the last of it. Fist bumps only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom