Eric Clapton's Life

There we have it, a whole life encapsulated in six minutes and twenty four seconds. Pretty much the attention span of today's population! I think that's more saddening than Clapton's life.

I've heard parts of those stories over the years, just not chained together.

Modern reporting at it's best :) pick any 5 words spoken (or actions) by someone in the last 100 years and that's what they are. If you can summarize all of your bad experience from 70 years in 6 minutes, I'd imagine it would take a little longer to summarize the good parts :) It's just not modern news to worry about the less dramatic side though.

While its sad to condense a person's life into 6,5 minutes, a testimony indeed on how little attention span we have these days, I reckon it also calls for great skill to condense a person's life into 6,5 minutes. It's like the unwritten rule that a good radio hit should be no more then 3 minutes long. Yeah, you can say you don't want to conform, and complain about the listener's attention span, there is also great skill and ability to be able to trim down the fat until only the barest of bones of musical goodness remain. In my last band I started out writing long songs, and I will always enjoy writing long songs, but I also learned to enjoy the challenge of being able to trim down the fat into a 3 minute song.

So, while I would perfectly enjoy a full 2,5 hour documentary on the life of Clapton, I did appreciate this brief short one upon watching.

If you stop and think about it , we all pretty much just remember the “bad” times. Use your own description of BAD.
Whether it’s a missed fight , car wreck , dropped plate of food. , etc. mishaps makes the memories. When things go as planned , it’s never too memorable. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom