Stereo Enhancer, is it really needed?

Rafa Diaz

Experienced
Hey guys, silly question probably.

I keep working on my live tone (Brian May for a Queen Tribute) which I hope will be fully satisfied soon and I can share here for you guys and I have a question.

The base tone splits in 2 amps and to cab block, AC30 TB that @camilovelandiamusic helped me to edit as per the needs of the tone I need, low end etc, these came together into a very small delay and very small reverb so the sound had that 'air or reality feeling', from there all went to out 1 which I sent straight into PA in Stereo.

Worth mentioning both amps are always on and I do what Brian May used to do when he had a 2 amp setup, the first amp has no effects on it and is 100% panned to the right.
The second and has a chorus before the amp block, with a mix of 100%, the wet amp. This amp is panned 100% left so then the 2 blended amps go into PA it sounds phenomenal.

Once that tone was achieved another master of this forum @2112 helped me to tweak the chorus (waza) to make it sound very similar to old days Brian May CE1 and added a very subtle filter where both amps merge to get rid on an annoying freq and made the preset sound just wicked.

Now that this is achieved I am wondering if it worth a final tweak, shall we add a Stereo Enhancer to make it sound wider? and in case of adding it shall i add it between Leon's filter and the final mini delay and reverb or between the reverb and the output?

Thanks so much for your help guys and apologies for the mega long and boring message!!

Rafa

Last edited:
How wide is wide enough? You’ll have to determine it.
Well the closer to the real 2 amps thing, the better.
After Leon help the preset sounded spectacular @2112 I just want to make it sound fucking spectacular if it's possible to be improved but well i don't want to destroy the tone in the way and just make it sound more artificial...

But how much wider can you go from full left and full right?
that's a good question, I never used the enhancer i just watched some videos and seems to make the difference in simple setups but not sure in my specific one if will do any improve...

make a backup copy of the preset and try stuff on the copy. if you mess it up make another copy and try again.

IMO Enhancer is a block that provides post audio processing capabilities that is usually performed in the studio after a song is already cut. It adds fidelity to your signal that wouldn't be there in a standard guitar -> pedal -> amp setup. This is why we us modeling to get as close to the recorded guitar tracks, it also helps to cut through the mix. experiment and find what sounds good to you.

Dude, just try it. It's right there in they box. Listen and see what you think of it.

I honestly don't know why you're even asking about this.

Dude, just try it. It's right there in they box. Listen and see what you think of it.

I honestly don't know why you're even asking about this.
Because I have never used this effect, don' t know how to tweak it and above all because a forum is a place to ask questions and ask for advice to another users?
I don't see any harm asking the question and if anyone don't like it is as simple as not responding isn't it?

Because I have never used this effect, don' t know how to tweak it and above all because a forum is a place to ask questions and ask for advice to another users?
I don't see any harm asking the question and if anyone don't like it is as simple as not responding isn't it?

For the Stereoizer, I usually have Width around 85 and Depth around 72. But that's my own personal preference. It's just those two controls, so go nuts with them until you find a setting that sounds good to you.

For the Stereoizer, I usually have Width around 85 and Depth around 72. But that's my own personal preference. It's just those two controls, so go nuts with them until you find a setting that sounds good to you.
shall I use it pre or post reverb dude?

Because I have never used this effect, don' t know how to tweak it and above all because a forum is a place to ask questions and ask for advice to another users? I don't see any harm asking the question and if anyone don't like it is as simple as not responding isn't it?
There is no harm and please don't misunderstand me. You original post made it seem like you're unsure about trying it and I was just saying try it and see what happens. There's no harm in trying it and if you can't get what you want, by all means ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom