AustinBuddy possible Bass Presets for the Axe-Fx III - what do you want to see?

Another one that would be cool is Michael League's bass on the Snarky Puppy album We Like it Here. Cool bass tones all over that record!

If you are using the new public 2.05 software, please replace the existing SV Bass preset with the new one.

There will be a better one when I do the full 2.x Axe III TonePack update later for likely summer release.
Thanks! When was 2.05 released? You mentioned it as new so I thought I’d ask.

Love the support!

Has anyone mentioned the old classic Acoustic Bass amp with the folded horn?
I imagine the amp is fairly sterile, like a wire with gain (I don't know), but it had a distortion channel.
That folded horn might make an interesting IR.
Oh, yeah, that probably would be an interesting IR.

I remember there was this venue near Dallas that a band I was working for played at sometimes. They had these giant folded horn subs sitting on the stage — far bigger than what I was bringing — but no amp for them and no info on their power handling, frequency response, etc. Always wanted to try hooking them up, but never had the time (or the release from liability if something went wrong).

Yes. We are over 33% done and making progress.

Have to wait for Scott Nelson to get back from Blues cruise - he plays bass and offers input while I dial in/tweak.

Has anyone mentioned the old classic Acoustic Bass amp with the folded horn?
I imagine the amp is fairly sterile, like a wire with gain (I don't know), but it had a distortion channel.
That folded horn might make an interesting IR.

Not as sterile an amp as you might think. The Acoustic 360, 370 and 320 have a lot of personality IMO, not to mention the double 15" front loaded 406 cabinet and the iconic folded horn 361 and 371 cabinets. Some of the fattest, honkiest, beefiest modeled bass tones I've heard have been of Acoustic bass amps & speakers. Definitely not a bright modern tone, but I think you'd be surprised how well these amps can sit in a mix for complimentary music styles, and if you don't go crazy with low end. Call me a fan.

Most bassists, bands and sound mixers don't want anything to do with these Acoustic beasts on a stage anymore. It ain't the 1970s, so yeah, there's a LOT to really dislike about these bass amps compared to "tighter" modern bass amps and balanced FOH mixes that don't rely on the stage to carry the room. This is where the flexibility of modeling can really shine, allowing you to take advantage of the good things they have to offer while dumping the baggage. It's a shame Acoustic isn't represented with a stock amp or cabinet in any FAS gear.

Sorry to rehash an old thread, but if this project is still going on, I'm a big fan of Simon Grove's tone with Plini.

I'm new here, so let's see if it lets me link:

The end of the video is a quick synopsis of how he gets his tone, which seems like it should be easily achievable with the AxeIII, I just don't yet have the skills to do it myself!

Sorry to rehash an old thread, but if this project is still going on, I'm a big fan of Simon Grove's tone with Plini.

I'm new here, so let's see if it lets me link:

The end of the video is a quick synopsis of how he gets his tone, which seems like it should be easily achievable with the AxeIII, I just don't yet have the skills to do it myself!

Thanks for posting this Simon.

We are more 60%+ done with the AX8 version of the Bass TonePack, and turning to artist style presets. The AX8 is more limited in many ways than the Axe-Fx III will be (only one compressor) so it will be fun to use the Axe-Fx III's power when we get to re-doing the concepts for that platform. The bass player I work with Scott Nelson is about to go out for 3-4 weeks with Kenny Wayne Shepard on tour, which will delay some progress (as did my own travel schedule this month), but I am very much hoping to have this done for AX8 at least before the end of may if not sooner!

Some of my favorite bass players and sounds are:

Chris Squire - Yes
John Entwhistle - The Who
John Wetton - King Crimson
Tony Levin - King Crimson
Greg Lake - ELP
John Paul Jones - Led Zeppelin
Paul McCartney - The Beatles
Jack Bruce - Cream

Haven't done Greg Lake but got you covered on the rest!

Hi again,
Gk800rb pushing 8x10
Anything that makes a rickenbacker sound like its out of a rush or yes album.
..or like tha bass in highway star.
:)
Thanks
Pauly

I bought a 74 Fireglo Rickenbacker 4001 for this project -- and I jus love it. I have Geddy and Chris covered for ya, plus Deep Purp.

I'd also add Billy Sheehan and Dug Pinick to the list too ....

Other than that, it's more the sounds from some of the popular songs .... Like the bass sound from Queensryche's Empire .... That sound is killer ( IMHO ) !

Dug P is in there! You are right, Billy should be too. Any particular Billy S. album sound?

I'd think some bi-amp or dual-amp presets with separate outputs would be well received.
Those will be for the Axe-Fx III version, but right now I'm doing/finishing up AX8 versions -- and it's very limited. Only one compressor! Ugh!

Back
Top Bottom