FC Controllers Now Shipping!

@lqdsnddist sure, there are more serious things in life, but I don’t discuss them on this forum (or forums in general). As far as my Axe-FX is concerned, the controller thing is as serious as it gets.

But, I would agree that using the word “depressing” was an overkill. :)

It’s quite easy to get pretty wrapped up in products and things in this modern age. Our economy likely depends upon it lol. No doubt internet, forums, daily status updates or lack there off, et al, only reinforces such behavior. Probably was a lot easier to wait years ago when it was more out of sight, out of mind. Maybe you’d get a summer issue of a catalog and that would be the first you even knew about a new product existed. Now we know about stuff before it’s released so waits seem to take “forever”.

That all said, and I’m certainly as guilty of feeling all this as much as anyone, we are pretty lucky if these are some of our biggest worries of the day.

I mean heck, if I miss a UPS delivery on Firday my day and weekend are shot. Having to go 48 hours without my newest toy.... soooo frustrating! Bothers me the whole time I’m not opening the box lol, BUT... when you step back and think about it, if the fact the worst part of my weekend is not playing with someone new 48hrs sooner, I’m doing pretty okay compared to lots of people.

I can sit in my home, stocked with food, play one of my countless guitars, through my expensive modeler which costs more than many peoples cars, if they are lucky enough to have a car, and still have a pretty good weekend. Maybe watch my big TV, surf the net on my phone or laptop or tablet etc.

I’ve (and I suppose I could say “we”) have so many luxuries around us that we take it all for granted and tend to focus only on what we don’t have, forgetting the countless things we do have.

To think that we are 21st century and basically everything can be produced in any quantity.
Especially when we talk about a company as serious as Fractal.
I seriously wonder if I will live to the moment when FC12 is going to be normally bought in the store :)

To me it’s weird that the same company that makes the Axe FX III (high end, top of the line) can't bring to market, in a timely manner, what’s basically “a dumb box with lights”, which is an intrinsic (not an optional accessory) part of a “System”, even after a year of successful sales of their new flagship and faithful customers and patrons still waiting and feeling “incomplete”.

This is not a question, no answer required and not a “change my mind” scenario. Carry on.

/moderator hat on

Vent, but do it without personal attacks. If you can't rant without slinging mud at your fellow forumites, don't rant here. This includes snide remarks about "serial defenders" and "constant detractors".

/moderator hat off

Greetings all.

I owe you an update. We will not be finishing the waitlist by the end of January. (The original production estimate was too high.) We'll keep plugging away at the list, and I'll continue to update the Now Serving page.
Thank you for the update Matt. I was wondering though: before this update I recall seeing info that the list would be likely served by the end of Q1. Is that still a reasonable projection for you? (Estimate welcome- no promises understood.)

It would be cool to swap displays between the FC and the front panel, really. :)

I know a lot of folks wanted a bigger better display on the front panel of Axe-FX, and a lot of them are enjoying it. I never understood the point, and still don’t get it.

But the FC is exactly where a good color display would be super useful, IMO.

It would be cool to swap displays between the FC and the front panel, really. :)

I know a lot of folks wanted a bigger better display on the front panel of Axe-FX, and a lot of them are enjoying it. I never understood the point, and still don’t get it.

But the FC is exactly where a good color display would be super useful, IMO.

I don’t know what a bigger screen would really do for the FC ? What do you need to see on it given there are no parameter adjusting knobs.

On the Axe itself is where the screen is useful, at least for me. I can see my routing and layout, I can see what parameters each knob adjusts, and it’s all on color.

Seems like all a bigger screen on the FC would do is add cost and let you display preset names in colored font.

The screen on the III has made it massively more enjoyable to edit compared to the II though. I rarely even bother with Axe-edit, the front panel is so direct and easy to use, plus it saves needing to carry a laptop everywhere.

To me it’s weird that the same company that makes the Axe FX III (high end, top of the line) can't bring to market, in a timely manner, what’s basically “a dumb box with lights”, which is an intrinsic (not an optional accessory) part of a “System”, even after a year of successful sales of their new flagship and faithful customers and patrons still waiting and feeling “incomplete”.

This is not a question, no answer required and not a “change my mind” scenario. Carry on.

I would suggest you try doing it and see how long it takes. If you can do it in like 2 months, then yeah, maybe FAS dropped the ball. Or maybe you’d find that there are lots of obstacles, production and parts delays etc out of your control and it also takes you over a year to accomplish the same. In which case, I don’t think you can hold FAS at fault as it simply is how long it takes.

Unless you’ve been there and done it seems hard to judge what is or isn’t acceptable because how would any of us know ?

No word on any level on the progress for FC12. This no bueno on Fractals part. Even bad news is news. To have some getting the unit and others not and give no particulars is really sucky of them. C'mon guys..help a guitarded man out here :)

You must be new here...LOL

A small, independent, manufacturer has come up with arguably the best guitar modeler we have to date. Keeping the cost at a price point most can afford, while having more options that most will ever need, is well worth my time waiting for my FC12.

Seems like all a bigger screen on the FC would do is add cost and let you display preset names in colored font.

Preset name, scene name, song name, FC layout name, all visible? I would be all for it. Those pixelfest text-only monochrome LCDs aren’t very useful to me.

As far as using the front panel for editing, I tried it once, don’t see the point. It’s still way easier to do with Axe-Edit.

To each his own...

Preset name, scene name, song name, FC layout name, all visible? I would be all for it. Those pixelfest text-only monochrome LCDs aren’t very useful to me.

As far as using the front panel for editing, I tried it once, don’t see the point. It’s still way easier to do with Axe-Edit.

To each his own...
Song name? Where is that coming from?

I don't see what benefit the Layout name gives you, but maybe that's just me.

You can already see preset name and scene name (and optionally the numbers for both).

As far as front panel editing, that was a method of last resort with the Axe Fx II for me but it's so easy with Axe Fx III that I almost never use Axe Edit with the III.

Obviously everyone is different, but I really like the screen on both as they are.

Song name? Where is that coming from?

From the Setlist mode that didn’t get into current firmware but was on the todo list? Or, if it never materializes, I can do the cumbersome workaround I used with the II and the MFC - copying the same presets over and over and renaming them.

Layout names - well, to know where I am, without having to rely on scribble strips. There’s a thread about them.

I’m not sure what to like about a monochrome text-only screen? I mean, I can understand how one may consider it sufficient, but like it?

Anyway, too much talk about screens. Not the number one concern for sure.

To each his own...

My home setup does not provide a convenient place to keep a laptop except on my lap, where I'd much rather be holding a guitar. It's much easier for me to make front panel changes than to work from a laptop. I do use the computer for preset management, but I've almost never edited presets from it in the eight years I've been using Fractal. The Axe III makes it so much easier that I don't see the point of the editor. ;)

Danny W.

My home setup does not provide a convenient place to keep a laptop except on my lap, where I'd much rather be holding a guitar. It's much easier for me to make front panel changes than to work from a laptop. I do use the computer for preset management, but I've almost never edited presets from it in the eight years I've been using Fractal. The Axe III makes it so much easier that I don't see the point of the editor. ;)

Danny W.

Well, like I said, I do know that a lot of people wanted it and are enjoying it.

I just don’t understand what “no space for a laptop” means. I mean, if there’s no space, I just play into my laptop, and my Axe-FX rests elsewhere. :)

Back
Top Bottom