Headrush FRFR 112's in stereo

LancerS

Inspired
I just wanted to share my experience with the Headrush FRFR 112 cabinets I recently purchased. I decided for the price of $299.99 to just go ahead and get two of them to try in stereo for live playing and was completely ready to send them back should they turn out to be a disappointment.

I set them up in my home office where my monitors are to fine tune my presets for when I would eventually use them live and have been very impressed at how much volume, head room, and definition they are capable of (I have Mackie, Yamaha, and Presonus studio monitors that I A/B presets when editing all the time). The Headrush FRFR's really allowed me to get a better feel for balancing and being able to fine tune my clean, rhythm, and lead tones where I wanted them much better live which surprised me a little (I normally just run to FOH live)....I was completely ready to pull the trigger on some other much more expensive powered FRFR's but quite frankly thought the Headrush FRFR's wouldn't measure up because they were so inexpensive and also surprisingly not many other reviews from other Fractal users on this forum.

I run the volumes on them at just over half way and then out to FOH. My drummer has always complained about not being able to hear the guitar and this is no longer a problem. I can get them push air and feedback just like a guitar cab....they will get very loud if you want and having two in stereo for less than the price of many other powered FRFR's on the market is a pretty good deal in my view.

I am completely satisfied and glad I didn't waste my money on anything else which I doubt would get as many positive comments from everyone that has heard them as these have.

I would tell you to give them a try if you are looking for a low volume home monitor or a live situation...they sound great either way.

I agree. They are a great buy, but what do I know, they're the first FRFRs I've ever owned. I'm very satisfied with them. However, they don't exactly seem "flat response" to me. The low end seems pronounced (which is good in some cases) and find myself using low-cut sometimes to remove some boomyness. They are similar to their Alto brand cousins, which also sound bass heavy in youtube vids I've watched. Not a deal-breaker for me, since I can dial it out.

At the price point, it's a no-brainer for me in my little venue. If it doesn't work out for me, I'll use it as the drummer's monitor. Replacing a hot spot.

I just wanted to share my experience with the Headrush FRFR 112 cabinets I recently purchased. I decided for the price of $299.99 to just go ahead and get two of them to try in stereo for live playing and was completely ready to send them back should they turn out to be a disappointment.

I set them up in my home office where my monitors are to fine tune my presets for when I would eventually use them live and have been very impressed at how much volume, head room, and definition they are capable of (I have Mackie, Yamaha, and Presonus studio monitors that I A/B presets when editing all the time). The Headrush FRFR's really allowed me to get a better feel for balancing and being able to fine tune my clean, rhythm, and lead tones where I wanted them much better live which surprised me a little (I normally just run to FOH live)....I was completely ready to pull the trigger on some other much more expensive powered FRFR's but quite frankly thought the Headrush FRFR's wouldn't measure up because they were so inexpensive and also surprisingly not many other reviews from other Fractal users on this forum.

I run the volumes on them at just over half way and then out to FOH. My drummer has always complained about not being able to hear the guitar and this is no longer a problem. I can get them push air and feedback just like a guitar cab....they will get very loud if you want and having two in stereo for less than the price of many other powered FRFR's on the market is a pretty good deal in my view.

I am completely satisfied and glad I didn't waste my money on anything else which I doubt would get as many positive comments from everyone that has heard them as these have.

I would tell you to give them a try if you are looking for a low volume home monitor or a live situation...they sound great either way.

I did the exact same thing. They sound great!!

I use two of them live 112s and can say I was very surprised at them They got balls! They sound as good as many of my previous rigs. I was a Mesa Boogie user. If you know how to EQ and use the right IR they can sound awesome!

I agree. They are a great buy, but what do I know, they're the first FRFRs I've ever owned. I'm very satisfied with them. However, they don't exactly seem "flat response" to me. The low end seems pronounced (which is good in some cases) and find myself using low-cut sometimes to remove some boomyness. They are similar to their Alto brand cousins, which also sound bass heavy in youtube vids I've watched. Not a deal-breaker for me, since I can dial it out.
Hi, How You cut the low ?

I want to try these, for noodling in studio, but do need a ballsy tone and I can just do a low cut for that price, thanks for this Info

I usually set the low cut somewhere between 50-100hz, the bottom end of a guitar speaker frequency range. I just adjust until it sounds right/good. I've used the low cut in both the preamp of the amp block and the cab block.

I have a Headrush 108. At first I thought it sounded great but after playing with another guitarist with a Katana 50 it sounded too boxy in comparison, even after equing.

Back
Top Bottom