How to control Axe-Fx III with Helix

I use the actual Helix Floor unit. You can use the LT and there shouldn’t be any problems that I’m aware of. If you’re interested, I’m actually selling my Helix Floor and will be back in the US on the 26th and can ship it then. You can either do reverb purchase or I can set it up on eBay as well. It will include the backpack and MIDI template for controlling the III.
(And you’d get it all cheaper than a new LT)

I’m just wondering how to get the same fonction on the Ace III when I hold the switch tuner on the Helix I know I can get the tuner on the Axe (with a CC64 message control change) but when a press à second time on the switch tuner on the Helix it escapes from tuner mode only on the Helix but the screen on the Axe stays on tuner mode I don’t how to synchronise the both device.
Other problem on the Helix there is a tap tempo fonction on the same switch than tuner it would be fine to synchronise the Axe on the same way so with only one switch we could get tuner (hold for tuner then a second press to escape from tuner mode) and then tap tempo too.
Thank you for your help

I actually set my Tuner to the top right button (I think it is ‘Modify’) on the Helix. That way I can do Tap tempo on the bottom switch. I believe you can only do the HOLD button with a sysex message, which the Helix does not do. Someone correct me if I’m wrong on this... Regarding your tuner not switching back, it’s most likely because you have the same cc number for two different buttons. Buy my Helix and make it easy on yourself :)

Has anyone seen if the Helix can display Tuner data from the Axe III? I only have one MIDI cable. I am planning to order a 2nd and try it.

I can't reply direct on this topic but I discover an important information which I would share.
I like the tuner on the Axe and I know how to control it with the usual switch via Helix here are the settings :

First put the Helix and Axe on the same Midi channel but don't take channel 1 (because Helix send automatic Program change on this channel and that creates conflicts if you send your programs changes from the Helix with channel 1)

Then on The Helix
Go to command center / Footswitch 12/ Command : CC toggle / Midi Channel my example : 2 / CC# : 68 / initial val : 0 / Toggle val : 127

Then On The Axe
Set up / Midi remote / Midi Channel: 2 /
Don't leave the Sep up menu go to page Others : Tuner 68

On that way when you push the switch 12 on the Helix you can see the Tuner on the Axe screen and with another push the Axe screen comes back to the home page.

The tuner button wound do you no good unless the Axe is right in front of you because the signal cannot be sent back to the Helix. I have two layers setup per preset in helix and posted in other midi controllers. Happy to share the Helix files.

I have an Axe-Fx III incoming and I'm interested, at least temporary, using my Helix Floor to control the III. Trying to wrap my head around what is possible? Is it possible to have Scenes 1-4 on the bottom row of buttons and four commonly used pedals (Drive 1, Comp 1, Delay 1, Modulation 1) on the top row of the Helix? Or maybe Scenes 1-8 on the Snapshot page and 10 pedals on the stomp page? I'm not finding a list of MIDI CC# for the different effects blocks on the Axe III like the II. Anyone have a good Helix preset setup and working in a similar way?

I have an Axe-Fx III incoming and I'm interested, at least temporary, using my Helix Floor to control the III. Trying to wrap my head around what is possible? Is it possible to have Scenes 1-4 on the bottom row of buttons and four commonly used pedals (Drive 1, Comp 1, Delay 1, Modulation 1) on the top row of the Helix? Or maybe Scenes 1-8 on the Snapshot page and 10 pedals on the stomp page? I'm not finding a list of MIDI CC# for the different effects blocks on the Axe III like the II. Anyone have a good Helix preset setup and working in a similar way?

guitartripp had shared a preset with settings somewhere on the forum. I used his preset and settings and that gave me 4 scenes on the bottom row and access to the tuner and tap tempo. I’m sure there’s a way to use the top row, but I can’t switch modes on the Helix. He has the mode button assigned to access the tuner on the Axe 3.

guitartripp had shared a preset with settings somewhere on the forum. I used his preset and settings and that gave me 4 scenes on the bottom row and access to the tuner and tap tempo. I’m sure there’s a way to use the top row, but I can’t switch modes on the Helix. He has the mode button assigned to access the tuner on the Axe 3.
I found his preset template and will look into it more once I have the III in hand. Wondering if others have taken things a bit further?

Back
Top Bottom