AX8 For Bass - Recommended To A Friend -

Warrior

Power User
Hey Folks,
A long time friend and fellow musician of mine (bass player) has been inquiring about recommendations for FAS for his bass needs.

His priorities are great sound (of course), portability and keeping it simple and keeping cost down.
He plays in his church's praise and worship band and he does also want to be able to use it for recording.

I suggested he consider the Axe8 and sent him links to a bunch of Axe8 demo videos.

He is planning to purchase one this week.

Just checking to make sure I steered him in the correct direction. I use an Axe-FX III for guitar.

I've never used an Axe8 but know lots of folks love them.

What is his real life setup that he loved the most?

If it was a bi-amp or dual amp setup, the AX-8 can't run 2 amp blocks at the same time and cannot run a crossover block.

In that case, the wise move for that setup and for future amp model availability would be getting Axe-FXIII.

If thise are not concerns, the AX-8 is a fine unit.

If he is in need of bass cab ir files, please feel free to reach out.

Should be great, and austinbuddy is working on a bass preset pack right now!

Cool!
What is his real life setup that he loved the most?

If it was a bi-amp or dual amp setup, the AX-8 can't run 2 amp blocks at the same time and cannot run a crossover block.

In that case, the wise move for that setup and for future amp model availability would be getting Axe-FXIII.

If thise are not concerns, the AX-8 is a fine unit.

If he is in need of bass cab ir files, please feel free to reach out.

Not sure. I don't think it was a bi/dual amp setup though.

I will certainly keep this in mind. Hopefully, he will be joining the forum soon!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom