Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.01

I use a drive block in front of the amp with a gain of 1. I mostly use one of the tube screamers. It gives me gain for days. I've never had much problem with noise by setting intelligent gate on the input to around -48 ratio 2 attack 10 release 20. I don't lose any sustain.
Thanks Tommy, I’ll trie your settings

OMG this 3.01 firmware KICKS ASS!

I just did A/B comparisons using both Axe III units, one with loaded 2.05 and one with 3.01 -- and both using identical presets from the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack made under 1.18. Radial A/B box to switch between the two. The sound improvement is very clear!

Best. Firmware. Ever.

My amps are JUMPING out of my speakers, super realistic. Couldn't be happier about this update!

I just did A/B comparisons using both Axe III units, one with loaded 2.05 and one with 3.01 -- and both using identical presets from the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack made under 1.18. Radial A/B box to switch between the two. The sound improvement is very clear!

Best. Firmware. Ever.

My amps are JUMPING out of my speakers, super realistic. Couldn't be happier about this

I agree. If this was the last update ever I would be fine. But we all know it will somehow get better and better.

I use a drive block in front of the amp with a gain of 1. I mostly use one of the tube screamers. It gives me gain for days. I've never had much problem with noise by setting intelligent gate on the input to around -48 ratio 2 attack 10 release 20. I don't lose any sustain.
Blammo! Absolute magico, thanks for sharing the knowlege...

Last edited:
Could you send a pic of your setup? I’d like to see hoy it looks. In front of the amp is to the left or the right of the amp block.. that’s why I’d like to see how you do it! Thanks again :)
The input gate setting is pretty much what I always use.
The drive settings vary between pedals, drive, tone, mix and level.

20190213_151531.jpg 20190213_151543.jpg

Best. Firmware. Ever.

My amps are JUMPING out of my speakers, super realistic. Couldn't be happier about this update!
Yeah, I agree, I normally do not gush over FW, but for me, this one is pretty out of control excellent.

I know this machine can do it all, but what "Checking Mailbox" during boot is exactly? :D

View attachment 52541
I saw this too, and considered posting a number of wry jokes about it. My completely uninformed guess is that some processes (firmware updates, maybe?) might leave a message that should be read by the next boot process.

Mine is checking the mailbox to see if my FC-6 has been delivered. It's lonely and needs a companion. But I'm sure the relationship with the FC-6 will have it's ups and downs. The FC can be so controlling.

Sorry, that was bad.

But my FC-6 is scheduled for delivery today!

I saw this too, and considered posting a number of wry jokes about it. My completely uninformed guess is that some processes (firmware updates, maybe?) might leave a message that should be read by the next boot process.

I think it’s just a bit of humor hehe — noticed that a while ago and chuckled

I know this machine can do it all, but what "Checking Mailbox" during boot is exactly? :D

View attachment 52541
Going all the way back to the original Axe-Fx I used a concept called a "Mailbox" to communicate between processors. Each processor has an inbox and an outbox. I'm self-taught in programming and computer science so it was just a way I came up with to send data back and forth. Turns out that mailboxes are actually a technique used in interprocessor communications.

In this specific case the processor is checking the mailbox from the front panel to see if any buttons were pressed at power-on.

Back
Top Bottom