No more Axe-Fx II signal in Reaper

WoodyCoRPus

Inspired
Hi all,

I feel like such a noob. But having resorterd to all my known sources and having reached a level of frustration previously unknown to me I must resort to making a new thread.

The problem: for some reason I no longer get a guitar signal from the Axe FX. I use my old MacBook and up until today everything worked just fine. The Axe FX communicated great with my Reaper DAW and no problems whatsoever. My band decided that we would try and track our new recording at home instead of booking a studio. They appointed me as the de facto engineer because, well, I'm the only one with any experience with recording, DAW's and stuff... That was probably the first mistake they made.

I use my axe fx mostly to make demo's at home. For some reason or other I've been convinced not to use it on the record because "I could never recreate the sounds out of the Axe FX " when we hit the road again. I keep it at home. It's also the only piece of my gear that hasn't been stolen... It never leaves the house anymore.
I haven't touched it in a month or so though whilst recording in our rehearsal space. On the way home I had a few great ideas pop into my head.. And now that I want to record those new ideas I can't...

I ramble.

I've tried every solution I can find... Creating an agregate device etc...
Right now my settings are as follows
- In Reaper the Axe is set as the default audio device
- same in the audio midi setup on the Mac
- I have a track armed and set to the front left mono input
- USB digi out source in the Axe's I/O is set to output 1

These settings have always allowed me to create some tracks. Now reaper doesn't even show an incoming signal whatsoever...

Please help.

Sorry for my bad English, my previous post may be confusing.
What I mean is, set you project in Reaper to 48 kHz. The AXE-FX has a fixed sample rate by 48 kHz, if the project uses another sample rate, may be no signal will received. I don't know Reaper, but in Cubase it's the same.

Is your output 1 knob all the way CCW? That had me stumped for a couple of months. Not sure if that matters when the axe is the interface.

You shouldn't need the Output 1 knob all the way up - mine's at about 9 o'clock position and loud enough signal can get from and to Reaper (average of -6dB levels set in Reaper Main out meters when playing back)

I'm using a Windows 10 laptop - I try to keep my Mac for the day job work only but will try hooking it up tomorrow to see if any issues come to light. I did have a MacBook hooked up previously ..... it worked fine with Reaper and the AxeFx ... at least until the MacBook died.

Did you try re-installing the FAS USB driver? I seem to remember needing to do that a few times when using the MacBook if issues arose.

Is Axe-Edit or Fractalbot communicating over USB ok?

Can you play back tracks in Reaper and hear them through the headphones or see meter activity on the AxeFx?

Maybe take a few screenshots of the main track interface in Reaper and also it's Sound Device settings?

I found the problem: my mac updating to a new OS standard caused a change in my security settings which hampered with the communication between Reaper and the Axe FX. I was looking at this problem from the wrong angle. Thank you all for helping though.

ah yeah .... last MacOS I used Axe-Edit and hooked up to my AxeFx was probably 10.9 so not as uptight on security

Glad you got it sorted

Back
Top Bottom