UAD Apollo Twin interface

alpine1

I am debating on purchasing the UAD Apollo Twin usb interface.Sweetwater has 48 month free financing right now on them.My current setup is this:
I am currently running my AXE FX 2 XL+ via spdif into my Behringer FCA610 interface along with my ISP Theta Pro going analog and also an analog DI track from the AXE FX.So basically 3 signals.This is my guitar tone and it is massive and I love it.I want to do the same configuration with the Apollo but it has no spdif connections......just a toslink/adat connection along with it's analog inputs.My Behringer also has toslink/adat I/O.Would it be possible to use my Behringer as stand alone to get the adat signal into the Apollo?The Theta and DI signal's would go straight into the Apollo.If not what are my options?My Behringer FCA610's driver's are driving me nut's.There has not been any update's in year's and half the time it will not boot up anymore.I will try to include back panel pic's of both units.Thanx in advance. FCA610_P0A3B_Rear_L.png Apollo twin.png

Last edited:
Awesome thanx!Checked out those digital boxes and wanted to confirm.Any Axer's on the forum have any opinions on the Uad APollo series?They are a tad pricey.

I so want to love the Apollo twin, but the lack of a coax input and the lack of midi and the fact it has so few inputs renders it an expensive waste of time IMHO. If you want 3 inputs then you need to add adat inputs.

Running a three grand axe into an expensive soundcard via a $19 convertor from amazon would just annoy me. I heard an Apollo 8 and it sounded wonderful, the onboard dsp was great, but do you need it? If you do, then get the 8, or the 6 (didn't realise they did a 6)

Awesome thanx!Checked out those digital boxes and wanted to confirm.Any Axer's on the forum have any opinions on the Uad APollo series?They are a tad pricey.

I would only get a UAD interface if you also want to use the UAD plugins (which are great). They are overpriced for just the interface portion.

Focusrite makes some good interface-only products.

The plugins that come with it are worth the price of admission.I used to have UAD-1 card's back in the day and loved them.

I would only get a UAD interface if you also want to use the UAD plugins (which are great). They are overpriced for just the interface portion.

Focusrite makes some good interface-only products.

I’m using an Apollo system right now , and I love it. 8 , 8P , and a twin quad.
I like that you can build your setup with additional units as you go.
But ; like you said , depends on your needs.

I’m using an Apollo system right now , and I love it. 8 , 8P , and a twin quad.
I like that you can build your setup with additional units as you go.
But ; like you said , depends on your needs.
Yeah, I love UAD plugins and have 20+ DSPs running. It’s just too expensive if you just want the I/O.

If you bought the 2 core - be warned, if you run the UAD plug-ins you'll realize that it's underpowered. I sold the twin core and bough the quad core - and now it works as it should. Long story short - don't throw the box out and see if there is a return policy, because, depending on how you use it, it is highly likely that the two core model is not enough. Other than that - it's a great box.

If you bought the 2 core - be warned, if you run the UAD plug-ins you'll realize that it's underpowered. I sold the twin core and bough the quad core - and now it works as it should. Long story short - don't throw the box out and see if there is a return policy, because, depending on how you use it, it is highly likely that the two core model is not enough. Other than that - it's a great box.
That will not be a problem.Back in the day when UA first came out with their PCI card I bought one and it was very underpowered.I would just mixdown a track or stem with the plug printed on it and have a wet and dry version.I was raised on underpowered computers.My main reason for buying the Apollo is I want a good sounding reliable interface.The plugs are just a bonus.

2 day's now with this Apollo twin and WOW!First thing is it sound's like I got new monitors.So much more clarity now and definition.The Apollo console and zero latency tracking with multiple amps,fx,etc is awesome.With all the incentive's you get I got the Engl Savage 120,Freidman amp bundle and the Studer 800 tape machine all for $399.UA also sent me a voucher for their $99 chorus unit for free and a $50 and $25 coupon which I used towards the Suhr SE 100.Got a lot of plugs for little money.The amp sims sound so good especially when I add the UA 610 preamp in the chain.That little $17 converter box works great too.Spdif from Axe FX into box then adat out of box to the Apollo.I am a UA fan for life now as long as all this stuff stay's reliable.

Back
Top Bottom