Implemented Keep new SV Bass, but PLEASE restore the old SV Bass amp model too!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Cliff:

I REALLY loved the old SV Bass amp model, especially for guitar. That model does something unique, there is a Rolling Stones "Get your Ya Ya's Out" live album sound of Ampeg SVTs cranked up, that gets crunchy in a cool and yet articulate way. The replacement mode is fine for bass but not the same?

I also could do some mods to that old model (tonestack to middle, Skyline Tonestack, Graphic EQ boosts across the board more lows and highs) to get it sound beautiful big clean like a Dumble Steel String Singer with a Strat. For me, it won't do that as well now in the new model, it breaks up faster and has different EQ on the mids?

I hope others chime in with additional support for this wish list item -- really would like to see the old SV Bass amp model restored (SV Bass 1?) in future firmware update, and still keep the new SV Bass as well.

Thank you so much for considering this request!

+1

The mock Steel String Singer tweaks to the old SV Bass were super tasty when paired with neck pickup and position 2 and 4 on a Strat. My immediate thought when I tried the new model with a bass was, "this is great, but unfortunately can't see how this will cop the SSS thing for guitar anymore".

Perhaps there are some deep parameter edits that can help emulate the previous version SV Bass. As a bassist, I'm all for more bass amp models of any kind. As an SVT fan, and it being such an ubiquitous bass amp model (both the vintage Blue Line and the new Classic all tube head), you could easily argue for at least a handful of different SVT models based on switch settings and head version. The good news for you is that you're guitarists, so you're more likely to get your wish than if bassists asked for it. ;)

If AB thinks we could use the original back, then that is good enough for me.

+1 on adding the original and keeping the new one too, assuming all is possible to implement.

Back
Top Bottom