Peavey 5150 Amp Sims Comparison

Char888

Hey everyone, i just made this quick comparison between different modelers of the Peavey 5150

Impulse used was a 5150-Sheffield1200s from RedWirez.
Thanks to SinMix for the raw amp sound from the Axe Fx :D
By the way, i used a emulation of a EVH 5150 (Psycho C) just to differentiate a bit with the Peavey 5150.

Last edited:
the distortion sounds the same, the fractal just seems to have the missing top-end extension from all the others. I think pot tapers play a big role in differences, the helix tone and amplitube tone in this comparison are completely falling apart, way more mids, and bass is flubbed to hell, sounds like the master is way higher than the others, if all the knobs are at noon on the modeler but they have different tapers in the different modelers...u get big difference in sound. nothing close to FAS resolution though, way easier to hear that with edge-of breakup tones.

I agree, the AXE as got that low end that the others are missing, the TSE X50 is VERY close though, and Amplitube and Helix sounds horrible for me, Helix one specially. I used a normalizer on everyone of them, at the same master settings, but there may be some differences on volume.

they all sound terrible, definitely need to be dialed in. sounds like they are all clipping somewhere.

Well, this is just the raw amp sound without any processing and without a screamer in front of them, and there is not clipping since they are all normalized. So speak for yourself.

normalizing doesn't mean there can'y be clipping somewhere...and I am speaking for myself. the raw amp tone should sound way better than that, period...not even considering post-processing or boosts in front.

Maybe it is my DI guitar signal, but i tested others with more clarity and it didn´t changed very much. So i suppose its the impulse response i used.

Back
Top Bottom