Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just here to graciously verify my update in words. Over the moon with this - what a send-off for the almost-decade-old Axe-Fx II indeed! Thank you to Cliff and all of the staff/testers involved who helped make this beast of a modeler into one of the best in the world! ^_^

I've played all afternoon with the ARES, it's really amazing!

But I've found one more bug: the level meter (Gain) for the Speaker Comp don't work anymore. I hope, this will be fixed in the final release.

Cliff - thanks again for the last great upgrade. The next step for me will be the III, sometime.

I think it would be helpful, to post that in the "Axe-Fx II Bugs"-section, because it is possible, that Cliff doesn't read any posting here ;-)

Gracias again. Been playin' a lot this weekend. All the cabs sound fairly decent now - or is it my imagination - I'm using an Ibanez I bought at Goodwill for $99 and had reworked at Eric's guitar shop - that could be it. Or it could have more to do with Aries. I dunno. But Cliff, thanks for taking the time to once again make the Axe II such a are and exceptional financial investment!

I'm stoked about the III more than ever.

I bet this will be what we see on the next Fractal Audio t-shirt:

Fractal Audio --- We ALWAYS aim to please our customers:

Before you load the update, pull up your favorite preset and give it a play.......

Then do the update and give it another play.......

Prepare to shit your pants!!!!

I thought about this a little more:

If they make them, then I'll take a shirt in black and extra large, however, if there are no current plans to make them, then I'll have to ask "Rex" for permission to pass me over the use of the quote and make my own t-shirts :)

Reactions: Rex
Thanks so much Cliff and co!!! I’ve passed my II down to my son and I’m sure he’ll love this update.

Already have two IIIs and looking forward to an update to my AX8 (hint, hint).

:)

I thought about this a little more:

If they make them, then I'll take a shirt in black and extra large, however, if there are no current plans to make them, then I'll have to ask "Rex" for permission to pass me over the use of the quote and make my own t-shirts :)
I'm honored! :)

...but I'll wait for official word before handing out permissions. :cool:

It is incredible that a company has their latest and greatest product out for a while now and is still throwing a bone to the users of the old product. So amazing. Thanks Cliff.

I never update until after the official firmware comes out. I'll let you guys discover all the bugs, and it looks like there are at least five or so that have been found already. Hopefully they can all be addressed once we get the final firmware. Maybe we should go through and make a list of them as mentioned earlier on this page.

Hi,
Possible bug: speaker compression meter not working on the front panel, can you guys verify?
Sounds and feels great though, thanx to Cliff and his team!
Chris

Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.

Axe fx II is already a sort of "state of the art" of the digital processing but I think that most of the Axe Fx 2 users has not the necessity to use the ultimate Ares technology. Maybe they would like other updates for the Axe Fx 2 blocks (as new types of FX, better pitch shifters, new tools or other stuff). The code is full also for that ?
Or is it just a question of marketing? If so, it could be an obvious reason, not criticizable...

Axe fx II is already a sort of "state of the art" of the digital processing but I think that most of the Axe Fx 2 users has not the necessity to use the ultimate Ares technology. Maybe they would like other updates for the Axe Fx 2 blocks (as new types of FX, better pitch shifters, new tools or other stuff). The code is full also for that ?
Or is it just a question of marketing? If so, it could be an obvious reason, not criticizable...
Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom