Yngwie blues album

Listening to this it actually sounds tonally a lot like Eric Johnson to me.

And kinda sounds like Malford Milligan singing... Although the vocals are seriously under mixed.

If anyone else made this it would be a viewed as a tongue-in-cheek, satirical parody, but I think the lyrics, video content with shots of his guitars and his Ferrari's, even the tone, are sadly legit.

Strangely missing some bikini girls though... seems that would complete the mid 1980's theme. Maybe the director hired some and then YJM freaked out when they got on the hood so they just cut in some guitar shots instead lol

Much of the car footage looks like he is just backing in and out of his garage.

Maybe we wants to keep the odometers low as possible....

This would have been a good opportunity to take a short diversion from "more is more". But sadly not.

I loved Yngwie's playing the very first time I heard him play. It has been a steady downhill ever since... for 33 years.

Rising force changed the way I looked at guitar and loved it. I still enjoy listening to him at times. It's the league of clones that saturated that style, same as Van Halen that stole some of their fire. I agree though, he's been in a creative rut for a long while.

Rising force changed the way I looked at guitar and loved it. I still enjoy listening to him at times. It's the league of clones that saturated that style, same as Van Halen that stole some of their fire. I agree though, he's been in a creative rut for a long while.

Yngwie was an original. That is why he's one of the few shredders I can listen too. One who is stuck in a rut for the past decades, but still an original. Which still puts him leagues ahead of all the copy cats.

Hard to see what the fuss is about. Even in the 80's Yngwie loved playing the blues. So I reckon even in that regard he's still repeating himself.

so ridiculously Yngwie...but every now he throws something that ONLY he can. I can't listen to him all the time but small doses can still be fun. He's definitely one of a kind and changed the game as much as any rock guitarist ever did.

Without the vocals or the video, of you told me this was a Robert Cray or Eric Johnson unreleased track, I might have believed it. I don't know if that's good or bad.

The vocals and lyrics don't seem bluesy to me. The blues are about either surfing the crap tsunami in one's life or getting pulled under by the undertow of it.

Now I need to cleanse my ears with the Odyssey album .

Yngwie, Joe Lynn Turner is still alive. You should make another album together while you are both able to do so, before time runs out for one of you.

Back
Top Bottom