Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one appreciate everything you and Fractal do for your customers. I wasn’t expecting an update to my Axe-Fx II. What other company provides new functionality to a discontinued product? Damn few, if any.

Even though I bought my III back in July and use the heck out of it I still love my II XL+ and still use quite often too.

If this is the last update, it is a fantastic way to end it. My II still sounds better than any other modeler from the competition that I’ve heard. In my opinion the only thing that beats it is the III. Thank you for it.

Awesome that it’s been taken as far as it has, and equally cool that there is some definitive closure on the product so folks don’t have to keep wondering if maybe an update will happen, making request for new stuff and not knowing if it’s realistic to expect etc. simply is what it is moving forward and everyone can choose to utilize it for months or years to come, switch to a different product etc, or for some purchase a used II etc.

Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.

We do appreciate it, Cliff. Thank you very much. You run an outstanding company, and show a level of concern for your "friends" in the community (by way of personal interaction and giving free stuff) that is unmatched by any other company I'm aware of, music related or not. It's great business sense, but also, I think, speaks to great character. I assure you that many of us - who may not be as vocal as some - are very grateful and do not look a gift-horse in the mouth.

Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.

Its much appreciated Cliff.

Thanks, this firmware sounds great to me.
I also love how the mark I and II went toe to toe with the xl's right to the end, I will be upgrading when the mk 2 axe3 comes out.

I DO appreciate a lot the service Cliff: very nice effort for the AFX2 community. And what's more, A1b appears to be a real improvement, even if not at the level of Ares in the AFX3, but new hardware...so a different beast. Neverthrless a very very nice last improvement for my best guitar gear !

The III has been out for a while now, and yet there have still been new updates to wring every bit of fidelity out of the II. I can't think of another product I've owned that has had this level of support/growth for existing and previous iterations. This is why Fractal is so far ahead of its would be competitors. Thank you! We really do appreciate this kind of thing.

Well i for one appreciate the effort to support us still on the "2" series. I bought mine used from a friend about a year ago and have not stopped loving it!

Thank you so much Mr Cliff & FAS family!
this box gives me so much happiness,
and the Ares flavour is a must.

The 'end of life' for the II is understood and expected....the update is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Edit: reworded my post to better reflect what I meant to say.

Last edited:

To me FAS is the best example of successful business, based on honest passion. Im a loyal FAS custommer for life. Thanks for your effort Cliff and team!

If I can ask something, don't forget to update AxeEdit! The actual version won't be compatible with next MacOs update! Thank you again!

Thanks man and I’m sorry you have to work just to here that people want some other special firmware made to suit there needs
The amp modeling is completely improved I’m verry happy with it

Eternally thankfull for all the work and Updates for the AXE FX II... see you when I save up for the III...Best, Flav

I just shipped off my XL+ to it's new owner a couple days ago. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride from Axe Fx II mkII starting in 2013 on FW 9 (not Q9!) to my XL+ a couple years ago.

Kind of sad I didn't get to put the final FW on there... But the other guitarist in my band owns my old mkII, so I'll get to still have that experience.

I'm really enjoying the capabilities of the Axe Fx III now... But I could have lived very happily if the II was the best the was.

Thank you, Cliff, for not only creating this beast but for interacting with all of us here both to offer advice and to listen to (and implement!) our often crazy requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom