Setting Default Scene

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
Is there a way to set the default scene for a specific preset besides saving the current scene you’re on in the preset via the unit or Axe Edit? There’s a menu setting for it in my AX8 but wasn’t sure if this has been added to the III yet or not.

I don't know of one in the Axe itself, but sometimes on my FCB1010, I'll set the PC to go to the preset, then I'll also set a CC to go to a particular scene; so regardless of what it's saved as for default, the foot switch overrides it. It's not terribly elegant, but it works.

What's wrong with just saving it at the default scene?

Is there a way to set the default scene for a specific preset besides saving the current scene you’re on in the preset via the unit or Axe Edit? There’s a menu setting for it in my AX8 but wasn’t sure if this has been added to the III yet or not.
global settings -> config-> default scene. Either “as set” or 1-8. “As set” is the scene you were on when you saved the preset

I don't know of one in the Axe itself, but sometimes on my FCB1010, I'll set the PC to go to the preset, then I'll also set a CC to go to a particular scene; so regardless of what it's saved as for default, the foot switch overrides it. It's not terribly elegant, but it works.

What's wrong with just saving it at the default scene?
I’m working on transferring all my presets from my AX8 to the III and I’m forgetting to save on the default scene I want.

When making tweaks to a preset it’s kind of a pain to remember to be on the default scene before I hit save.

I think I remember this being the only option when the III first came out last year.

Last edited:
I’m working on transferring all my presets from my AX8 to the III and I’m forgetting to save on the default scene I want.

When making tweaks to a preset it’s kind of a pain to remember to be on the default scene before I hit save.

I think I remember this being the only option when the III first came out last year.
Are you doing it manually or with the help of Fractool?

Are you doing it manually or with the help of Fractool?
Little bit of both. For more complicated presets, like ‘You Can’t Kill Rock and Roll’ where I’ve got scene controllers to go from clean to high gain and a few different delay blocks and settings, I’m porting over my AX8 preset with Fractool for the FX settings. Then just loading up my main amp block from the III block library.

For more basic presets like something I’d use for ‘Iron Man’ I’m just building them new in the III.

I’ve been dreading having to do this and putting it off till the FC’s came out but now that I’ve got one it’s time to get busy.

Last edited:
I’ve created a Wish for this. It’s a good wish to wish for.
Oh, I didn’t realize the global setting mentioned above wasn’t per preset. Guess I’ll just have to keep remembering to save my work with the scene I want loaded up. Thanks for putting it in the wishlist.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom