New AX8 firmware update?

Only FAS can answer, if they have concluded on something like this. I have not seen a statement yet saying there will or will not be any new updates for the AX8 - so who knows. My guess is doubtful, as most focus seems to be on the new platform now.

Only FAS can answer, if they have concluded on something like this. I have not seen a statement yet saying there will or will not be any new updates for the AX8 - so who knows. My guess is doubtful, as most focus seems to be on the new platform now.

What? Have you got a link to any of this 'focus' please?

What? Have you got a link to any of this 'focus' please?
Pretty sure he’s just referring to the AxeFX III.
It was mentioned in another thread that the AxeFX II has not had an update in a while. Sounds like usually, the II gets an update then it’s ported to the AX8. So that could be an early indicator. But like Gonwild says, more attention will likely be given to the new product at this point. My bet is that we will still see small updates here and there. Just not at the rate folks are used to.

The Axe FX II XL+ is no longer being produced so there is basically no chance it will get another firmware update. Cliff has said as much.

As far as we know, the AX-8 is still being produced so despite its shared architecture (with the Axe FX II), I think it just might get one more update. Unlikely but possible.

Pretty sure he’s just referring to the AxeFX III.
It was mentioned in another thread that the AxeFX II has not had an update in a while. Sounds like usually, the II gets an update then it’s ported to the AX8. So that could be an early indicator. But like Gonwild says, more attention will likely be given to the new product at this point. My bet is that we will still see small updates here and there. Just not at the rate folks are used to.
Ahh thank you. It would have been easier if he'd have said 'AxeFXIII' rather than 'new platform'.

AX8 and the II are the same platform at block level. I think the real goal is to update the AX8, the II being included is just because Cliff is a cool guy.

+1 on improved functionality. Would be great to have controllable on/off amp graphic EQ.

Amp Graphic EQ X/Y capability would be a charm as well.

Or, dream of dreams.....a new "AX-8" based on the FX-III. We know it is bound to happen at some point....the question is when.....

That will not be good news for the
Axe 2 or AX8 as people have said it’s getting to the end that would likely be the proverbial nail in the coffin for sure

@Mark, I believe that there will be a new version of the AX8 being released in the near future.

I am basing this opinion upon what I have been seeing happening in the Fractal store.

A "reduced" price of $1099 on the AX8 for a good amount of time then a recent "substantial" jump in price to $1299.

I believe this is meant for us to get comfortable with a higher price so that a new AX8 can be priced higher or at the same price :)

So you are saying the reduced price through the holiday season indicated an upcoming release of the new product? Seems unlikely that they would move the price back up if they were trying to move product to make room for the new one. They don’t need to get anyone “used to” paying a higher price. Fractal has always been on the upper end of the price spectrum.

Seems more like your run of the mill holiday sale to me.

Doesn’t mean that a new unit isn’t coming, just that the sale you identified has nothing to do with it.

Actaully I do follow him on this
They could be trying to create a price point you take the lowest unit
And increase at the same time you take the highest product and bring it down somewhere in the middle is where the new product goes

Option 2 that is possible they had old stock AX8 before the recent tariff
And based on that 1299 is the new 2019 price

Of course all is speculation

So you are saying the reduced price through the holiday season indicated an upcoming release of the new product? Seems unlikely that they would move the price back up if they were trying to move product to make room for the new one. They don’t need to get anyone “used to” paying a higher price. Fractal has always been on the upper end of the price spectrum.

Seems more like your run of the mill holiday sale to me.

Doesn’t mean that a new unit isn’t coming, just that the sale you identified has nothing to do with it.

You might not have noticed but the "reduced price" went on for around a year, so it wasn't a reduced price through the holiday season.

The new price may also be a feeler to see if it can validate the release of a new version at a higher price.

Regardless, I am waiting for a new product this time around because a new version comes out about a month later EVERY time I have purchased a Fractal product :)

This is why I held off getting the AX8 at $1099 over this last year which was a great price but something had told me that as soon as I bought it then a new version would come out with a "virtual reality" interface, bluetooth enabled, remote controlled, baby-sitting and dog-walking capabilities, long-range satellite communications, sets up a location for voting, predicts political outcomes, allows 10 minutes of time travelling backwards or forward in time, and it would be the device that ends global warming :)

Actaully I do follow him on this
They could be trying to create a price point you take the lowest unit
And increase at the same time you take the highest product and bring it down somewhere in the middle is where the new product goes

Option 2 that is possible they had old stock AX8 before the recent tariff
And based on that 1299 is the new 2019 price

Of course all is speculation

I was thinking option 2 was a possible reason as well but I'm hoping for a new soon-to-be-released product :)

Last edited:
In 2020 there will be an AX9 based on AxeFx III firmware.
Eh, I don't think it will have a 9 in the product name. It will either be an AX-12 (built in the same chassis as the FC-12) or an AX-8 II (unlikely though). If they make an AX-12 then that makes an AX-6 (smaller less powerful version of the AX-12 using an FC-6 chassis) fit smoothly into the product line.

I'm just pulingl all of this out of my a$$ though. ;)

Last edited:
Although this is a very helpful forum, at times it seems to be made up of people making stuff up, so that we look at them and give them attention. Not just this thread.

Back
Top Bottom