You couldn’t make it up...........

Whistler

Inspired
To all the people on this forum who can actually deal with snow, my hat is officially off to you. Here in England I have an excerpt from our national daily newspaper today as follows....

“Tonight Brits are braced for an inch of snow across large parts of the UK, with up to four inches on higher ground as 2,000 gritters battle a -11C “polar plunge”.
The country-wide whiteout threatens to close roads, knock out power supplies and mobile phone signals as the Met Office issued a slew of severe ice and snow weather warnings right through to the end of the week.”

Yes, you read that correctly. We are expecting 1 inch of snow and the whole country will grind to a halt. Not the first time and I’m certain it won’t be the last. I’m sure we are the laughing stock of the world with our total inefficiency of dealing with “an inch of snow”.

Hopefully I will survive this apocalypse and be able to communicate sometime in the future.

Hopefully I will survive this apocalypse and be able to communicate sometime in the future.

Here's my work right now:

LihH8LV.jpg

Good luck with the inch of snow, I'm going to go dig out my Yukon with my musket now to combat the climate change.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

All good fun mate, it is crazy how different parts of the world respond to mother nature's dealings!

Yep. We got 12+ inches of snow yesterday. Now we're heading into -20 F below with a wind chill of -50. What kills me is that in 6 months it will be 100+ degrees warmer.

I get it though. I have relatives in other states here that don't normally get snow. A light dusting can wipe them out since they don't have a system in place to handle it.

To all the people on this forum who can actually deal with snow, my hat is officially off to you. Here in England I have an excerpt from our national daily newspaper today as follows....

“Tonight Brits are braced for an inch of snow across large parts of the UK, with up to four inches on higher ground as 2,000 gritters battle a -11C “polar plunge”.
The country-wide whiteout threatens to close roads, knock out power supplies and mobile phone signals as the Met Office issued a slew of severe ice and snow weather warnings right through to the end of the week.”

Yes, you read that correctly. We are expecting 1 inch of snow and the whole country will grind to a halt. Not the first time and I’m certain it won’t be the last. I’m sure we are the laughing stock of the world with our total inefficiency of dealing with “an inch of snow”.

It's just our hysterical UK media

I ignore them and am much happier

Plus I used to live in Germany where it really was cold, and had plenty of snow

We're at a balmy 50 today... luckily the vortex missed us.
I understand though - when it snows here the whole city shuts down as well - and we have no snow or ice removal.

In all fairness, places that get a lot of snow regularly tend to be prepared for it a lot better then places that hardly get any snow anymore. And if the UK is like the Netherlands in that regard, we're also reacting hysterically over it, the number of days with snow per year can be counted on the fingers on one hand. There's been years when there hasn't been any snow at all. And I know that across the border in Germany having winter tires is mandatory during the winter months, whereas in the Netherlands nobody bothers to put them on. So while the Germans plow happily on when it snows, we drift all over the place when just a little snow hits us.

For the love of Pete.

We had 6 inches of snow overnight, and absolutely nothing was closed (to the chagrin of my girls who hoped for a snow day.) . It was 8 F when I trundled them out to the car.

But here in Denver, this is kind of a 'no big deal'.

Although I did live in Atlanta for a few years, and that place was a dumpster fire anytime there was snow. If you don't know how to drive in the snow...stay the &%$# off the roads!

I have snow tires on my car for the winter. A foot of snow doesn't bother me, but the wind chill at -45 is not good. Thankfully, it is supposed to get up to 38 F on Saturday, and over 40 F on Sunday - melt some of the snow off of the roads, and thaw us Iowans out a bit!

I live in Colorado. The majority of us love our snow. I honestly can't get enough. I'm writing this from Steamboat. We've gotten over 200 inches so far this year and our snowiest months are still ahead! Skiing, fat biking, snow shoeing, skinning, skating... much preferred to sitting on a beach staring at waves.

I live in Colorado. The majority of us love our snow. I honestly can't get enough. I'm writing this from Steamboat. We've gotten over 200 inches so far this year and our snowiest months are still ahead! Skiing, fat biking, snow shoeing, skinning, skating... much preferred to sitting on a beach staring at waves.
Yea. I hear you. Friends with Tahoe places are wigging out over all the snow they’ve been getting up there this season. If you’re a snow sport junkie I can totally understand.

Back
Top Bottom