Metallica 'Jason Newsted' Bass Preset

#3 here. This one is more aimed just for the Justice and Black albums. Same as previously I'm using my Spector NS4CR with an EMG BTS preamp and SS DR Lo-rider strings. I believe for AJFA he used his Alembic Elan but going for that hi-fi tone, the Spector is similar. The Black album he used multiple basses, but the core tone for most songs was a Spector. I believe "Don't Tread On Me" was a Wal, and "Nothing Else Matters" was a fretless Stingray. Load and beyond I believe he was using P basses and his Sadowsky Jazz types, so that might be a different preset in the future.

Scene 1 with control switch 1 off and control switch 2 on is AJFA. CS1 switches between 4 tonematches, and CS2 increases the amp gain (only for AJFA).
Scene 1 with CS1 on and CS2 off is Enter Sandman (also Holier, Roam, Through the Never...)
Scene 2 with CS1 and 2 off is Sad But True.
Scene 2 with CS1 on and CS2 off is Unforgiven.

For the Spector preamp on AJFA I have bass and treble both at 10. For the Black album I have bass at 10 and treble at 0 (center).

Shortest Straw

Original

Enter Sandman

Original

Attachments

• Jason Newsted Spector.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 113
  • U278_AJFA Bass.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 95
  • U281_Sandman Bass.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 105
  • U282_Sad But True Bass.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 95
  • U283_Unforgiven Bass.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 90
i'm having issues importing the presets. for the jason newsted spector preset, it loads on my ax8 edit, but i have no sound.
for any of the other files, i get the error message: unable to import, selected file is a user cab, please use manage cabs?

In AX8-edit open the cab manager under the tools menu, then drag the IR's to the numbered slot each IR states. You can place them anywhere if you'd like, but then make sure to update the preset to pull from the correct cab slots. Let me know if you need any more help!

i'm having issues importing the presets. for the jason newsted spector preset, it loads on my ax8 edit, but i have no sound.
for any of the other files, i get the error message: unable to import, selected file is a user cab, please use manage cabs?

In AX8-edit open the cab manager under the tools menu, then drag the IR's to the numbered slot each IR states. You can place them anywhere if you'd like, but then make sure to update the preset to pull from the correct cab slots. Let me know if you need any more help!
thanks that did it!

are the presets meant to be separate? as in you create 2 separate ones and use each of the 4 IRs as an X & Y setting? for example, one uses the AJFA X, and sandman Y, and then in a separate preset, sad but true X, and Unforgiven Y?

Happy that worked for you. This is all just one preset. All 4 IR's are used in this one preset. Read the top post again, I explain how it all works.

thanks that did it!

are the presets meant to be separate? as in you create 2 separate ones and use each of the 4 IRs as an X & Y setting? for example, one uses the AJFA X, and sandman Y, and then in a separate preset, sad but true X, and Unforgiven Y?

Back
Top Bottom