Removing AX8 Feet for Velcro?

54TU11_AS01

This stuff works great, find it in the plumbing aisle and any hardware store (pipe strapping). It's really bendy, just use a pliers to 90 degree bend and break off short tabs.

Thanks a lot man. :)

Well, if you would like I can make a Picture, so that you can easily see, what do I meant.

I have also taken a spare slat from a window shade I cut down. They work really good because they're wide. Opposing Velcro on both sides and there ya go. Cut it so it fits BETWEEN the feet. You have a four Velcro thick cushion also.

noob question - are you all using your AX8's on a pedal board platform (i.e. PedalTrain), flat board, or nothing at all?
If you are using some kind of a board, does a angled board like the PT accommodate the AX8? or is it too high?
thank you.
mike

noob question - are you all using your AX8's on a pedal board platform (i.e. PedalTrain), flat board, or nothing at all?
If you are using some kind of a board, does a angled board like the PT accommodate the AX8? or is it too high?
thank you.
mike

I like mine on a flat board, a sturdy piece of plywood. See my other posts above about drilling holes in the board for the feet and then using a little velcro to attach. I've left room on the right side for 2 expression pedals or other things. It fits in my old pedal train 2 bag. I've been happy with it.

I like mine on a flat board, a sturdy piece of plywood. See my other posts above about drilling holes in the board for the feet and then using a little velcro to attach. I've left room on the right side for 2 expression pedals or other things. It fits in my old pedal train 2 bag. I've been happy with it.
thank you!:cool:

Has anyone ever determined the screw size that would be needed to secure the bottom place without the feet and be somewhat flush for velcro - even a lower-profile pan-head screw would work with velcro.

Sorry, I've deleted other posts here so I can give the official reply.

When removing the AX8 feet, we recommend that you use a SUBSTITUTE replacement screw. The provided screws are meant to hold the feet on and their length is such that they might make contact with other parts when driven fully in when the feet are not present (this is unlikely but not impossible.)

Instead, please use M3.5 x 6mm flat head screws. The flat head is conical, and will not be flush once driven in, but the screw head will partially seat itself in the hole. Do not over tighten the screws.

The reasons for this are: 1) While the end-caps hold the AX8 top and bottom panels together, the front center foot also helps hold these parts together and 2) replacing the screws ensures that dirt or other particles won't enter the chassis.

As for Velcro, always use professional "DUAL LOCK" velcro, which has sufficient height to prevent these exposed screw heads from bearing too much weight and also holds the AX8 firmly in place on your board.

If you need to know where to find these screws in the USA, please email support@fractalaudio.com

Following this worked perfectly for me with industrial velcro.

Hey fractal folks..

I removed for feet to mount to a board last year.. a few rig changes and a house move later. I want to put the feet back on but I can't seem to find them.. Any suggestions for replacement feet?

Hey all!

Just a quick update from my earlier post.

Since releasing the GloRiser Uni mounting kit before xmas, I've had a bunch of orders for them - but not sure if they were for any forum folks or Fractal users at all. However, I can confirm these worked flawlessly with my AX8 when I had it, which was mounted to my Templboard and gigged for 6 months without issue. No screws to remove, feet stayed on the AX8. Plus it was lit!

I'll be making a mounting video at some point (waiting for an FC to arrive sometime) but it's all explained on the site (www.ZenRigs.com)

Sukh

sikYpLA.png

http://www.zenrigs.com/epages/es138465.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es138465/Categories/Buy_Stuff/"GloRiser - Mounts / Lighting Platforms"/GloRiser_Uni__Midi_Controller__Multi_FX_Mount_and_Light_Platform

Hey guys,

can't find the screws anywhere in Finland. Has anyone tried putting 4 strips of dual lock on it? The thickness of dual lock is just shy of the needed to be thicker than the feet, so I'm thinking of putting extra dual lock in between. Not sure how it would work out.

Perhaps some 6mm plywood used as a spacer? Cut it to fit between the feet, or drill holes for the feet, and put dual lock on both sides.

Hey guys,

can't find the screws anywhere in Finland. Has anyone tried putting 4 strips of dual lock on it? The thickness of dual lock is just shy of the needed to be thicker than the feet, so I'm thinking of putting extra dual lock in between. Not sure how it would work out.

OK last time take a piece of window shade, cut it to length, Velcro both sides, done! Leave the feet on.

Hi Folks.
you don't need a new screws.
use the original screws like in the picture attached !
have a nice day.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom