Jason King

Hi guys,

I currently have about 10 presets all with 4 scenes that I scroll through at a gig.

Is there a better way? Anyone using song/set mode?

I like scenes as there's no gap in switching. Currently using 0 banks and using up and down to scroll through presets. Only ever stay on one preset per song.
Interested in other approaches to a live setting.

I tried it out and it just didn’t work for me. Even with MFC Edit it was a chore typing in all the song names. Where it failed for me — and this is really about me, not MFC Edit — is that I was tweaking sounds a lot and making new version of presets. I would have to keep going back in and reprogramming the song to match the new preset. I ended up going with a low tech solution which was to have a piece of paper on my music stand indicating which preset went with which song.

Overall I found MFC Edit worth it for establishing the layout I wanted. Scrolling through all those parameters and pressing switches dozens of times is a pain.

I only used my MFC with performance mode... But if you have to program the unit manually, it can be a bit tedious.

MFC-EDIT has the "virtual MFC" that allows you to drag and drop the things you want to control onto the button you want to use.

Beats bending down is all I can say. That and sure is easier entering preset names as well as entering names for sets lists if you use the MFC in that mode.

Back
Top Bottom