Just thinking....

But I notice when I move the cab in output 1 the sound changes that’s normal? Like the preset Mokes show me to put the FX block to output 2.
In a preset like that any change to the cab block should be heard in out1(FOH) but not in out2(Marshall cab).

I use the same setup except FOH is just a recording desk and my cab is a different brand. I use presets exactly like Moke posted with great results.

In a preset like that any change to the cab block should be heard in out1(FOH) but not in out2(Marshall cab).

I use the same setup except FOH is just a recording desk and my cab is a different brand. I use presets exactly like Moke posted with great results.
Do you have any exemple to share? It gives me a big help. Thanks.

I can post one for you tomorrow but it might not help much. Should also mention my patches are pretty much exclusively high-gain death-metal type stuff right now. I don't have anything thats edge of breakup, clean or anything else like that...

Another big thing to look into is low frequency resonance. There's a whole thread on it in the tech notes section, it can make a pretty huge difference in the tone coming out of your physical cab.

A big problem with this type of setup is that you sort of have to either go for the best FOH tone and compromise on the amp & cab, or go for the best amp & cab and compromise on the FOH. The only way around that is having your preset utilize both amp blocks at the same time, so that an amp tweaked specifically for FOH goes there and an amp tweaked specifically for amp & cab goes there.

But I notice when I move the cab in output 1 the sound changes that’s normal? Like the preset Mokes show me to put the FX block to output 2.
I don't think I understand completely what your question is, but I'll take a guess.

It sounds like you're confused that putting the Cab block on a different row on the Axe Edit grid means it's going to go to a different Output. That's not how the Axe FX works. For example, putting the Cab block on the second row will not send the cab block to Output 2.

All of the sound goes out to Output 1 always. Putting an FX Loop block in your signal chain will send your signal to Output 2. In Moke's preset example, there is a shunt that branches off right before the Cab block. This shunt has all of the amp sounds, the delay and reverb, (everything before it), but no cabinet IR affecting the tone. The FX Loop block sends that no-cabinet-IR signal to Output 2 so it can be played through the Matrix + Marshall 1922 cab.

I don't think I understand completely what your question is, but I'll take a guess.
I believe you're correct in that the OP needs to understand the core concept of how to route signals to the two different outputs via the FX Loop block. If one does not understand that it all seems like black magic.

Here goes one of my presets to everybody see... Its so diferent in my cab... So tinny and without carater... Hope you guys give a good tips to work better with my Axe Fx 2 Xl Plus / Matrix GT1000Fx and my Cab Marshall 1922 (Stereo).
Thanks to everyone.

Attachments

• Filipe.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
@Veloso1978 I opened your patch. First thing I noticed is there is a ridiculous amount of gain, even for metal. Turn the gain down on the amp block. Even with the gate block in there, I was feedbacking.

The amp model you're using, the USA IIC++ is known for being a bitch to get a good tone out of. The key with that amp model is to use the GEQ tab on the amp block settings, and make a "smiley face" curve on the EQ. I highly suggest reading Yek's article on this amplifier here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-usa-iic-and-iic-mesa-boogie-mark-iic.115442/

Also, your Marshall 1922 cab has Celestion G12T-75 speakers in it. If you want your FOH tone to be similar to your cab, I would use similar impulses in the Cab block. Right now, your cab block is using a Celestion Greenback (panned 50% left) and a Fender 2x12 Double Verb (panned 50% right). Those are pretty different from your Marshall 1922.

For your cab block, I would try running Stereo Ultra-res factory cab #039, which is a Marshall 4x12 cab with the same speakers as your Marshall 1922, the "T75". I would set both Cab L and Cab R to the same #F039 cab. Make sure those are panned 100% left and 100% right for the full stereo effect.

@Veloso1978 I opened your patch. First thing I noticed is there is a ridiculous amount of gain, even for metal. Turn the gain down on the amp block. Even with the gate block in there, I was feedbacking.

The amp model you're using, the USA IIC++ is known for being a bitch to get a good tone out of. The key with that amp model is to use the GEQ tab on the amp block settings, and make a "smiley face" curve on the EQ. I highly suggest reading Yek's article on this amplifier here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-usa-iic-and-iic-mesa-boogie-mark-iic.115442/

Also, your Marshall 1922 cab has Celestion G12T-75 speakers in it. If you want your FOH tone to be similar to your cab, I would use similar impulses in the Cab block. Right now, your cab block is using a Celestion Greenback (panned 50% left) and a Fender 2x12 Double Verb (panned 50% right). Those are pretty different from your Marshall 1922.

For your cab block, I would try running Stereo Ultra-res factory cab #039, which is a Marshall 4x12 cab with the same speakers as your Marshall 1922, the "T75". I would set both Cab L and Cab R to the same #F039 cab. Make sure those are panned 100% left and 100% right for the full stereo effect.
Thanks a lot just got to see this and try your suggestions...

The best amp block are Friedman to this set?

Back
Top Bottom