Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
This is excellent news. Thank you for supporting your product and taking care of your customers. I enjoy the Naked Amps Tone Pack a bunch. I love it in fact. Loads of great tones and you turned what I thought were some unusable amp models in to things of joy.

I am interested in the Bass Tone Pack too as I just invested in a nice bass upgrade for home studio work. I have one *request* for that... the biamped tone of Dug Pinnick from King’s X. His dirty on top and thunder on the bottom sound is to die for tone. If you can nail that there is no way I could pass on it.

Thanks again for all you do for the community.
Highest regards, Jason - Austin
Hi Jason:

I know that getting a tone "similar too" (have to say it that way for legal reasons!) King's X bass is on our "try" list! If there is a particular quintessential song you think represents it, let me know which one/send me a YouTube link and I'll share with Scott!

Hi Jason:

I know that getting a tone "similar too" (have to say it that way for legal reasons!) King's X bass is on our "try" list! If there is a particular quintessential song you think represents it, let me know which one/send me a YouTube link and I'll share with Scott!

You just made my day by letting me know it’s on the “try” list! AWESOME!

I’d have to give it some thought as to what the best representation of his tone is in a given song. I’ll do some listening to their catalog to see if anything stands out. Meanwhile I do have a song in which he plays a few phrases primarily alone with the drums. It is a good chance to hear a sample of his tone clearly and without guitar clouding the mix... It’s “Pretend” off of The Dogman album. Try from 2:12 to 2:30 or so below.

Thank you so very much!

Last edited:
Austin
Since you use a lot of multiple IR’s in the pack, would you be updating the presets now utilizing the new cab alignment? Is this something that would make a difference or improvement

Last edited:
You just made my day by letting me know it’s on the “try” list! AWESOME!

I’d have to give it some thought as to what the best representation of his tone is in a given song. I’ll do some listening to their catalog to see if anything stands out. Meanwhile I do have a song in which he plays a few phrases primarily alone with the drums. It is a good chance to hear a sample of his tone clearly and without guitar clouding the mix... It’s “Pretend” off of The Dogman album. Try from 2:12 to 2:30 or so below.

Thank you so very much!

Dugs bass sound - live and recorded - has ALWAYS been a favorite !

I saw them at a small club in Myrtle Beach a million years ago and to this day after hundreds of concerts it’s still the best bass sound I’ve ever heard.

Dugs bass sound - live and recorded - has ALWAYS been a favorite !

I saw them at a small club in Myrtle Beach a million years ago and to this day after hundreds of concerts it’s still the best bass sound I’ve ever heard.
Amazing that one 3 man band out of Katy, TX could set the bar in some ways for bass and guitar tone.

I’m a huge fan of what they’ve done together. They fit together so well. Yet...

Each are to die for on their own. Great tone indeed.

Austin
Since you use a lot of multiple IR’s in the pack, would you be updating the presets now utilizing the new cab alignment? Is this something that would make a difference or improvement
Since he only used the stock IRs, they should all be MPT’d already. I wouldn’t think there’s much to change.

Hey gang:

FYI for 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack owners for the Axe-Fx III, I just posted an quickly updated ver 2.5 of the Axe-III's new re-worked amp model in the Ampeg SVT-style preset on Axe-Change.

The new SV Bass model will totally clip your speakers with the old firmware preset, so I re-set and re-leveled it.

If you are using the new public 2.05 software, please replace the existing SV Bass Naked Amps preset with the new one on Axe-Change.

There will be a better version later when I do the full 2.x Axe III TonePack update later for likely summer release. But wanted to get this out fast for you to use in interim.

This weekend is bass preset and Cab IR capture marathon on that with pro bass player Scott Nelson here in Austin....he has a 4x10 Eden bass cab we are going to shoot and include those IRs if they come out well in the forthcoming 250+ Bass TonePack versions...

Austin

Not sure -- once I get to it I will experiment and see...

Austin

Great question. I am definitely going to look at that closely. I consciously tried to use multiple cabs "on" in each preset (still sounding good) so you guys could mute/solo and have immediate options to tweak. I suspect the phase alignment is going to make these sound even better. If you guys tackle a few that way yourself, let us know!

In addition to the Ampeg SVT Bass preset having to be re-done for ver 2.05, I will also need to do an updated 2.05 version of the Ampeg SVT for guitar (which is way cool -- Rolling Stones "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" live for example)... but the new settings may limit or change the preset's existing tones.

So, in next few weeks, I'll update a version and try to post here and in Axe-Change soon - just wanted you guys to know I "noted" that preset as needing a fix as well. It may also clip your signal/mixer in the new amp model.

Will also see about adding a new Porta-flex bass preset too...use some flat wounds and go all James Jamerson on ya. Still doing bass sessions to create that TonePack...it looks like it maybe reach 400 unique tones/two full banks (with some Amp X/Y)!

I'm traveling next few weeks (NAMM on LA this weekend, then DC the next) so it may be 2nd week of February -- but I will get it done, promise...

In addition to the Ampeg SVT Bass preset having to be re-done for ver 2.05, I will also need to do an updated 2.05 version of the Ampeg SVT for guitar (which is way cool -- Rolling Stones "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" live for example)... but the new settings may limit or change the preset's existing tones....

Please, please also update your SRV preset that uses the Ampeg SVT for guitar. It's one of my favorites! Thanks.

Please, please also update your SRV preset that uses the Ampeg SVT for guitar. It's one of my favorites! Thanks.
I love it too...it has a cool unique thing.

Am afraid the change to the overall amp model may now make the guitar preset less workable, but we will see... will post when i get to it.

Back
Top Bottom