FC Controllers Now Shipping!

T. Note to bands: if your lead singer isn’t Mick Jagger, please don’t play it. Just my two cents.

Nonsense. And there wouldn't be a Rolling Stones if the Stones had had this attitude about the Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Chuck Berry and Howlin' Wolf songs they started out covering. And I'm glad nobody told Mick not to do their two Temptations covers, both of which I love.

It’s a logical and valid point, “wait list” for things that don’t exist simply aren’t possible. My point though was with regards to the motivations behind why people were making those request.

I don’t think anyone honestly would expect those emails to me honored, more it was their way of venting frustration over being “skipped”, at least in their viewpoint.

It’s just trying to make a point, and without suggesting right or wrong, people are going to feel a given emotional response to an action.

First guy one the official list expects soemthing, and the guy who emailed months earlier asking is equally going to feel put out if FAS said “sorry you missed the official list, you can go get in line for that, at the very end”

No action could of appeased any and everyone. Either way, someone is going to feel put out, and those folks are going to express it in various ways.

We don’t have to agree with them, but we can respect their feelings, provided they didn’t make them in ways that violate civility.

Pretty sure Matt mentioned on this forum prior to what's being referred to as the "official" waitlist that if you wanted to be put on the waitlist for the FC's send an email to waitlist@fractal stating so. So it's ALL official. Besides, there's no reason for them to go out of order.

Nonsense. And there wouldn't be a Rolling Stones if the Stones had had this attitude about the Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Chuck Berry and Howlin' Wolf songs they started out covering. And I'm glad nobody told Mick not to do their two Temptations covers, both of which I love.
How can somebody’s opinion be nonsense? It’s an opinion. I’m glad you love the Rolling Stones. I like some of their songs, as well.

My point was that the specific songs mentioned aren’t bad. It’s half-assed attempts to duplicate them that suck. If you want to do a cover of any artist and can do it precisely, or better, or different-good (like The Rolling Stones did), then yay that’s great. But if you’re trying to imitate somebody, and you can’t do it, and you can’t play it, then don’t blame the song. Blame the half-assed band.

If you don’t agree, that’s fine.

Last edited:
People need to get over being butt hurt about watists. Be them “official” or otherwise. It would serve is right if Fractals response were “fine, no more waitlists. You can order it when we make it available in the store”.

Many manufacturers have done just that, doing away with wait list, deposits etc. They simply say when they have stock, they will list in their Reverb store, first come first served. Many have also raised the prices up to lessen the issue with people getting on a wait list for a rare pedal, buying it for $400 then flipping it for $800, to find someone who doesn't want to wait.

When it comes down to it, a wait list, like FAS is doing, really isn't doing them any favors, its more work on their end, and lets face it, if they had 500 units in stock, and they simply set the web store to take the first 500 orders, those would all sell just fine. Then you'd have folks hitting F5 every 20 minutes trying to catch the next time it says "in stock" and order all those.

Gets rid of "position on the list" threads etc. First come, first serve, be at the right place at the right time when it says in stock and you get one. If you missed out, you wait til they show up in stock again, maybe catching that shipment, or maybe that shipment is large enough that it remains in stock for a while. When I buy something a any other music retailer, if its out of stock, they say they can send me an email its back in stock, but they don't promise a place, "hold one" for me etc.

Who knows, maybe FAS will take your advise and say "no wait list next time"

My first Fender Twin was purchased in 1966. In fifty years, I’ve never used the included footswitch. That goes for all of my other BF and SF Fenders, and there are a shitload (I don’t know the metric conversion) of them. That said, I never had to switch reverb or vibrato on or off while playing live.

My first FX was a Tone Bender, then a Fuzz Face, then a Univibe, and then a Muff. Then from the late 1970’s until 2017, I purchased approximately one billion FX pedals. I used a footswitch on all of them. All the time.

I believe that most people were just trying to crowd source information to get a better idea of how long their wait would be.

A lot of angst could have been circumvented by letting us know that requests prior to the official list were being honored. It's not a big deal.

So should there be a waitlist wishlist? Or maybe a lifetime waitlist subscription we could get on for every Fractal product that will be out in the FUTURE!!!

The best way to shut ‘em down, is to play a perfect, note-for-note-solos Freebird, starting with slide and ending with the full-on solos. We moved on to Layla. We can pull off Derek and Dominoes’ version. Even Clapton can’t muster the original. It’s fun, watching people while playing.

I know that my email says "we are not able to estimate how long the wait is", but I just received my AXE FX III and I am super excited to get my unit complete. I sent my request on 1/11/2019. Can we say possibly before end of February? I would like an FC-12.

Torture! My waitlist date is May 18th. They are currently stuck on May 17th. Aaaaaah! On the bright side, I have never actually read an entire user manual on a product I don't own yet. I have read the FC manual about 3 times. By the time I get the FC, I should be ready to roll!

Back
Top Bottom