AX8-Edit 1.8.7 Released

To move the keyboard focus to the Grid (called Grid Navigation mode)

On Windows: CTRL+SHIFT+G
On Mac: COMMAND+SHIFT+G

Once the Grid is highlighted you can use the arrow keys to navigate. Press ENTER to show the selected block's parameters and exit Grid Navigation mode.

Reactions: Rex
I bought a new AX8 a month ago, and now the Axe-Edit software won't connect to my unit on my Mac. What ports am I supposed to connect to? The only port available is: Clarett 8Pre (my audio interface) When I select that port, the unit will show as connected, but the screen is totally blank. I get an error: Communication time-out: AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Refresh Config : config_midi_channel.

I'm using OS X El Capitan. Axe-Edit version is 1.8.7.

I don't usually have trouble like this with other devices and software I use in my studio. My unit is basically a boat anchor without being able to use Axe-Edit, totally disappointed with Fractal so far.....

Can you update from EL Crapitan
That version of Mac software played havoc w my singers DAW programs
And a bunch of stuff

I bought a new AX8 a month ago, and now the Axe-Edit software won't connect to my unit on my Mac. What ports am I supposed to connect to? The only port available is: Clarett 8Pre (my audio interface) When I select that port, the unit will show as connected, but the screen is totally blank. I get an error: Communication time-out: AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Refresh Config : config_midi_channel.

I don't usually have trouble like this with other devices and software I use in my studio. My unit is basically a boat anchor without being able to use Axe-Edit, totally disappointed with Fractal so far.....

Totally disappointed?

Man, take it easy. : )

You'll go trough it and it'll all be fine.

Best wishes!

Not sure I follow. Why are you trying to connect from the Clarets 8Pre? The AX8 has a USB port that should be a direct connect to computer for the AX8 Edit. Not via the interface.

Not sure I follow. Why are you trying to connect from the Clarets 8Pre? The AX8 has a USB port that should be a direct connect to computer for the AX8 Edit. Not via the interface.

The DAW interface is to send sound to the computer since the AX8 USB does not have that capability.

Technical support got back to me, and I've tried everything they suggested. I've tried 3 different USB cables and two different MAC computers. Apparently I have a defective unit

I am connecting straight into the USB on the computer, not through the interface, but in the AX8 Edit software, the AX8 Midi ports don't show up. For some reason, the Clarett 8 Pre are the only ports that show up as being active in the AX8 Edit software on my MAC. It is supposed to be AX8 Midi, but those don't appear as options. I've tried everything that is listed in the manual on the troubleshooting page, and also some help ideas sent by Fractal technical support. Tonight I tried 3 different USB cables, and two different MAC computers. Still no connection.

Back
Top Bottom