Wish More scenes

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
We need way more than 8 scenes! Now that we can fit more blocks in why limit us to 8 scenes? Also this would be a big help while the foot pedal is still not available. Instead of having to setup a bunch of IA's just program more scenes

It would also be great to have scene sets X and Y or something similar (I mentioned this early on but it didn't make it to the wish subforum) So blocks would defualt to responding to scene set X as normal, but you get choose to have a block or several blocks switched to scene set Y, so you could have a whole row of blocks that would not change when changing scene set X, would be helpful for running two guitars thru one axe, in addition to other uses.

Increasing the number of scenes would be pose a challenge for the UI: how to select them?
Shamelessly I propose an alternative I already posted: allow multiple sets of 8 scenes.
Why couldn't we have just 8 scenes, 8 channels, or 8 scenes and no channels that all scenes you can changes all parameters and be saved, thus doing away with channels

Scenes and channels are different features. Each has its own advantages and hurdles. They can be combined but also be used on their own. Channels alone allow for 8 (!) different drive sounds per preset.

My main point was, with the increased cpu we can get way more than 8 different sounds out of a preset. In order to access more than 8 we will need to start tap dancing. It seems logical to be able to have more scenes to take advantage of the increase in power. I do not recall reading Yeks proposed scene improvements. I'm sure there are many ways to get there though.

I agree. With Axe, there's enough power to combine 5 of my axe2 presets into one Axe3 preset. However, as each of those presets has at least 2 scenes, in actuality I cannot do this. I think the multiple sets of 8 scenes thing sounds cool. Don't know how much of a nightmare it would be to implement though.

Austin

Bump for more scenes.

In building presets I was hoping to use a mix of scenes/channels with the new FAS foot controllers. Since their is a delay in availability with the FCs, I wish we had at least 12 scenes to use with our generic controllers in the mean time. I was actually holding off building more presets until the fc arrived but I'm wanting to use the III live.

Don't wish to add more work to Cliff but if this is simple to add, it would help in creating presets that can be easily migrated to the new foot controllers when available.

IMHO it's confusing enough, especially when changing channels, 8 is plenty for me.

I would prefer a mix of scenes + channels but with only basic midi functionality till we have the FC more scenes would be easier. Especially if sharing presets and updating to Fc control later. If there's more than 8 they don't have to be used.

Why couldn't we have just 8 scenes, 8 channels, or 8 scenes and no channels that all scenes you can changes all parameters and be saved, thus doing away with channels

I coud not agree more. It seems like Channels would be rendered useless if ALL presets allow 8 or more scenese and each scene could be independent of one another so bypass state and other effect chagnes are independent as well. Why have the extra layer of channels !

Why have the extra layer of channels !

what happens when you want to change a block state (channel) but you don't want to reconfigure an entire preset (scene) to do it? scenes don't store the block state information, they just tell the block what channel to switch to.

Back
Top Bottom