SM7b IR

Axe-Master
I recently picked up an Sm7b and shot a test IR on my Mesa 212 (60 watt Celestion V30) that has made it onto regular rotation with my presets. it loves amps like the Recto's and Friedman amps!

I previously shared this on my presets thread but it got buried in there, and now that we have a sub-forum dedicated to AFIII IR's I figured I'd share it again.

Attachments

• LT MES212 SM7b Test.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
From memory this was shot on the speaker cap with the SM7 presence switch on, so it suits darker sounding amps. I tried all 4 combinations and liked this the most.

The SM7B is one of those mics that I love because it's really easy to place. It doesn't really change its sound drastically like a 57 does when moving it in front of a cab, yet it still sounds full. I also added this mic to the latest pack. I remember Justin from @York Audio also loved that mic with his Mesa cab. :)

Very cool IR. I paired it with the Spawn Nitrous 1 model, turned down the bass, cranked the mids and upped the treble. Sounds awesome with humbuckers, especially in the neck position.

Thanks Leon!

Very cool IR. I paired it with the Spawn Nitrous 1 model, turned down the bass, cranked the mids and upped the treble. Sounds awesome with humbuckers, especially in the neck position.

Thanks Leon!

I absolutely love that model, it's like a Marshall crossed with a Recto. i'll definitely be trying that one out with this IR!

I recently picked up an Sm7b and shot a test IR on my Mesa 212 (60 watt Celestion V30) that has made it onto regular rotation with my presets. it loves amps like the Recto's and Friedman amps!

I previously shared this on my presets thread but it got buried in there, and now that we have a sub-forum dedicated to AFIII IR's I figured I'd share it again.
It works on axe fx 2?

Back
Top Bottom