Acoustic Test ....

WERNER1

Inspired
So I've struggled a lot over the past year trying to get my Taylor 414CE dialed in... I've used the Sigma IR's as well as a few others,.. in the end I found the best for me was just to modify the factory on the AX8.

I was working on a customers cheap no-name acoustic and the onboard electronics were toast so after some searching I found the complete replacement set up (Preamp w/EQ Tuner, Jack assembly, and pickup, AND internal Microphone ) for like 25 bucks shipped from china...

It finally shows up and I get everything installed and set up......it plays good but has a pretty uneventful sound Acousticly speaking.... I decided to plug it in to my AX8 to just test the electronics using my acoustic patch.... :eek: ... with just some slight tweaking on the onboard EQ it sounded pretty darn good... what the heck!?!? :D

Here's short clip of it: (Recorded direct - AX8 -->PC )

Sounds good! If it's smaller than a dreadnought body than that is pretty good-has a
very full sound.

I've created an acoustic preset using my Taylor 510 miced up with a Cascade Knucklehead Ribbon, Oktava MK 319 and EV Cardinal into a 1073 clone GAP Pre 73. I exported the TMA block as a CAB block. It works with most Piezo acoustic guitars, some level adjustments might be needed to be done as I go straight into my Axe Fx II XL+ without any preamp. I will convert it for the AX8 in Fractool. Feel free to ask any questions regarding the preset or cab blocks. Enjoy, Perry.

P.S. I've also included a copy of my Yamaha FG312 12 string tone match for extra flavour

Attachments

• Taylor 510 AX8 Preset & Cab bundle.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Ribbon F(AX8).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Ribbon R(AX8).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 66
  • U0055_Yamaha FG-312(AX8).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 68
  • U0946_Cardinal 510(AX8).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Oktava(AX8).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Can you share your acoustic patch? I've been looking for a good patch.
Yes,.. sorry haven't looked at this in a while but for some reason I thought I had uploaded it... guess not. :) Ironically I had to do some acoustic work the other day and tweaked that patch again (Go figure ..right!?!) ... here's a clip of my latest "version" if you will.... I really feel that SoundCloud sucks a lot of the live and detail out of the recording.. but it's a decent reference...

I'll try and post the patch later...

Back
Top Bottom