FX8 V5.04 Released

All I’m saying is let’s try to be intellectually honest about things.
In the spirit of intellectual honesty, my words that you quoted were in response to the comment "... a company that is developing a reputation for regarding older products (and their user base) as unimportant whenever they release something new," which is objectively not true.

Actually, Atmospheric makes an excellent point. The FX8 and AX8 aren't "older" products, they're part of Fractal's current offering.

In the spirit of intellectual honesty, my words that you quoted were in response to the comment "... a company that is developing a reputation for regarding older products (and their user base) as unimportant whenever they release something new," which is objectively not true.
Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying. Apologizies for any misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
I do find it strange that the most recent firmware bug has not been fixed at least, but I'm not any less happy with the unit because of it. It's fun to have new FX added, but I've barely scratched the surface of the current effect offerings, if I'm being honest. I got in for the B-stock pricing 2 years ago, and haven't looked back.

17 months & not a word & more AX8/AXIII updates than you can shake a stick @ -

I held off for a long time to say anything.
-- having been one of the original buyers & now seeing the $$ drop & no updates for 17 months - to say

'We feel left out"
- would be a understatement.

Fractal is taking over a lot the touring bands 'Guitar processors. Cool......just don't leave us FX8 users feeling like we are not important to Fractal - because that is how i feel

JD

17 months & not a word & more AX8/AXIII updates than you can shake a stick @ -

I held off for a long time to say anything.
-- having been one of the original buyers & now seeing the $$ drop & no updates for 17 months - to say

'We feel left out"
- would be a understatement.

Fractal is taking over a lot the touring bands 'Guitar processors. Cool......just don't leave us FX8 users feeling like we are not important to Fractal - because that is how i feel

JD

I could totally understand this frustration. I hope they make an announcement soon. I almost bought an FX8 but hearing about the lack of updates and Cliff hinting at a new unite has really given me serious pause to buying a new FX8.

I'm using fewer and fewer blocks in my presets as time goes on.

Lately, I've considered going back to all analog discrete pedals. But switching is a hassle, cable loss rears its ugly head, etc., etc. Standing pat for now.

I'm using fewer and fewer blocks in my presets as time goes on.

Lately, I've considered going back to all analog discrete pedals. But switching is a hassle, cable loss rears its ugly head, etc., etc. Standing pat for now.

Yep. Just in a holding pattern until something is announced.

Back
Top Bottom