Bug? Pro Tools 12 "assertion error 851" with Axe-Fx II

MetalGarret

Inspired
I've been using the Axe-FX II as an interface for PT since PT9. I've had little to no issues doing this. I upgraded to PT12 and I was doing just fine for a few months. Until I started getting this error:

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 223110\ ProTools\ AAE\ Source\ AAX\ CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 851.

Avid's notes say it means the playback engine isn't configured properly.

I've been at this all day today. I get this error no matter what I do when it involves the Axe-FX II. I've tried updating the USB drivers and the firmware and still get the same error. I've done a reinstallation of PT12. Same error happens. I did a reinstallation of Windows 10 and it still happens. I did a complete CLEAN install (formatting the hard drive) of Windows 10 and it still happens. I can get now at least get my Mackie 820i to work with PT12 now. But I like to use my Axe-FX as an interface because of the reamping ability. And I've been using it as an interface for years and I was doing just fine with PT12 since I upgraded to it where out of nowhere it just crapped out on me. I didn't run any update of any kind. I was completely blindsided by this.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Holy crap! All I had to do was recreate a new session then import whatever audio I needed?!?!?!? For the fuck of god! XD

....thanks dude. hahaha

So did I. All I got was a few posts from the DUC forums and one of Avid's pages that describes the error and how to troubleshoot it. But nothing worked.

Yeah I did. I saw others with the same path and thought "well that must be what it is for everyone"
I use Google constantly for work on IT issues... I try to quote errors to be more precise but you learn to filter out the "localized" stuff.

Back
Top Bottom