I'm thinking of purchasing an AX8, do you reckon there could be a mkII soon?

Just as an aside, whenever those legacy products go up for sale, the still carry a hefty price.
My friend who convinced me to buy my AX8 has been using his Ultra for years and doesn't see any need to replace it.
In a world of digital electronics where 36 months with a product is considered long overdue for replacement, it's nice to see this gear has a long useful life indeed.
After all, we keep our Marshall, Boogie and Fender amps for decades and still use them so why not one of these units?

We have several exciting products coming out soon but none replace the AX-8. The AX-8 is still a relatively young product.

So, at this point in time, could it still be applicable to mention that the AX-8 is still endowed with rather magnificent comparable youth?

Or are we to witness sometime, this winter perhaps(?), the conception of an offspring borne out from the genes of the elegant AXE III in the shape of a floot unit?

:)

Fractal Users/Potential Users are just waiting to transact their hard-earned monetary credits to delve upon the splendour brought by the merits of EXPANDED CPU CAPACITY, MULTI-COMPRESSION, PLEX-DELAY, AMP BOOST MODELING, TRI-CHORUS, and among other rewarding elements -- hopefully all cased in one which can be laid onto the floor and be stomped on repeatedly, as it is its primary purpose.

:)

We can definitely say that we are closer to an AX8II release than we were a year ago. But that is all we know.

I was one of the ones who definitely expected an announcement this winter, but since the FC6/FC12s are not shipping yet, I expect we will have to wait longer.

Disclaimer: I have no inside information. All of the above is pure speculation on my part.

I purchased my AX8 in August of 2016, which is about as early as us regular scrubs could get one. I didn't even realize two years had flown by. I sold a rackmount II Mark I - a unit capable of a lot more in most ways - and never looked back.

I think we all understand that an entirely new floorboard would make the most sense on the Axe III platform. It's not as if the new platform appeared overnight. It was probably in development before the AX8 was released. The simple fact is that Fractal transformed the entire industry in how we view post-release updates and long term support. Helix and Amplifire are walking a path that was paved here. So I don't worry about the recent products being replaced. Even the iterations of the Axe FX II rackmount never made the old ones suddenly undesirable, and most people would still be perfectly happy with a Mark I today despite the Mark II, XL, and XL+. And if a Mark II does appear on the same platform? Embrace it, and don't worry about the existing units.

Former Kemper guy and now a Line 6 HX Stomp owner. Been jonesing for an AX8 "version 2" (whatever it is called) for a long time now. Will sell all platforms I currently have when it comes out.

Former Kemper guy and now a Line 6 HX Stomp owner. Been jonesing for an AX8 "version 2" (whatever it is called) for a long time now. Will sell all platforms I currently have when it comes out.

I would imagine with NAMM right around the corner that would be the time that a new product would be announced.

I just purchased my AX8 about 3 months ago and would be a tad disappointed to see a new improved version come out so closely afterwards, but that is the way things happen, especially with technology these days...

I would imagine with NAMM right around the corner that would be the time that a new product would be announced.

I just purchased my AX8 about 3 months ago and would be a tad disappointed to see a new improved version come out so closely afterwards, but that is the way things happen, especially with technology these days...
Fractal doesn't attend NAMM, so product releases don't seem to be timed in that way.

Fractal doesn't attend NAMM, so product releases don't seem to be timed in that way.

I couldn't be happier with my AX8, and now I will not have to worry about second guessing myself for buying it 3 months before NAMM.

In all seriousness, the only thing I could be happier with is if I had The AXE-FX III. A friend of mine just got one this week and it is nice to hear how much he loves it!

Last year they kicked NAMM in the teeth by announcing the III the Monday after NAMM was over. Cliff must have sat on the Fractal throne on Monday morning and said Release the info now and BOOM. Everyone must have been like F you Cliff while he had a good laugh

Last year they kicked NAMM in the teeth by announcing the III the Monday after NAMM was over. Cliff must have sat on the Fractal throne on Monday morning and said Release the info now and BOOM. Everyone must have been like F you Cliff while he had a good laugh

And I thought it was brilliantly played
You let everyone and all the Namm hype get out of your way
You see what the competition release and people’s reactions

Then boom

oh my, what a thread.... Yes its Jan 2019 an AX8 floor unit V.2.0 would be embraced... (at least by me) not everyone out here loves having a 19" rack at home or practice space and connecting interfaces to floor controllers etc. a floor unit that has some of the bells and whistles of the v.III unit would be nice.

Sometimes I think most of you are limited by the... Hmm... CPU limitations.

That drives to another question: is there a lot of users that don't need more of it?

I really only use the amp, cab, delay, reverb and some drives. Simple rig.

But I'm very happy having all the other things ready to be used just in case I want.

So I really don't need a (less cheap) new version until there is a real big step in sound quality. Almost all my needs are satisfied with this piece of gear.

I got mine in April 2018. I was, of course, afraid of a new version coming the next day. Now I'm not wishing it never happens. When it comes, if it gives me noticeable advantages I'll get it.

After 43 gigs and almost every day home use, sometimes twice a day, I think... Well, I could be happier, but not much more.

And I think it's really cheap. What I paid for it, divided by 43 gigs is ridiculous. And it still has a lot to say.

What do I mean? Probably that if it gets stolen or broken I won't worry too much about a new versions and will get another one ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom