Question(s) about the forum

Here's one..... make AXE-EDIT III give some programmable keyboard shortcuts. I'd program mine for the spacebar to increment scenes, throw the keyboard on the floor and smile till the FC arrives.:)

Last edited:
Here's one..... make AXE-EDIT III give some programmable keyboard shortcuts. I'd program mine for the spacebar to increment scenes, throw the keyboard on the floor and smile till the FC arrives.:)
FYI. There is a Bugs and Wishes section of the forum for these types of requests.

No way to delete the first post that I can see FYI.

You can try this. I'll delete if you can't.

Create a Test post in the Lounge. Once you've done that, go into the thread, click the checkbox on the top left of your first post. A menu will come up (depending on your browser, you may have to scroll down to see it.) In THAT dropdown, select 'delete post'. It should nuke the whole thread.

Be an interesting experiment. (Because clearly I don't get out enough.)

R

I see.... so that would be if you realized you messed up right after you created a thread right? If anyone were Johnny on the spot and posted before you could delete yours, then the thread stays, if I'm understanding correctly. That's good to know for sure, but I think I'll let someone else try it. My luck, I'll mess it up and there it will be forever.... with me begging you to delete it...lol

Last edited:
Well I've noticed that if a regular posting member actually dies (sadly there have been a few in the years I've been here) then their account and all their posts are removed out of respect.
That's definitely not a thing since I've been involved in running the forum (~5 years now). I don't even know how we'd know if some passed. At most, we might freeze their account if we knew of someone's passing which would leave their content and ensure no one could break into the account and masquerade as them.

That's definitely not a thing since I've been involved in running the forum (~5 years now). I don't even know how we'd know if some passed. At most, we might freeze their account if we knew of someone's passing which would leave their content and ensure no one could break into the account and masquerade as them.
I've never seen that, either. I'm not even sure how deleting someone's posts could be done "out of respect."

I stand corrected. I've found posts still there from 1 member I know to have passed - but what threw me I think was that their names seem to no longer appear in the current member list (therefore they don't get their names polled in the auto fill suggestions in the 'Member' field when doing searches).

I expect their loved ones requested their accounts cancelled

As they passed back in the previous forum software days maybe there was a 'hide posts from deleted members' function on it that this XenForo doesn't have because I was in quite close communication with a member shortly before he left us and all his posts and PMs seemed to had have 'gone' no matter how much I searched back then - maybe I was mistaken dunno.

Anyway .... everyone .... please don't die ... it obviously causes me confusion! (However, if you're leaving me money in your will ,,,, maybe I could forgive you)

Back
Top Bottom