Wish RTA inside PEQ

Corinthian

Inspired
The RTA and PEQ are both powerful tools, but I think they would work even better together. If we could have pre- and post-EQ spectrum analysis in the PEQ block it would be helpful in locating troublesome frequencies and seeing at a glance what needs adjusted. Design-wise it would just be a case of placing the existing RTA screen behind the PEQ graph.

(I know the answer will be "use your ears" but it's still helpful to have the visual aids.)

I agree. If this were also added to a new PEQ option on the amp output EQ area, it would help a lot, too.

As it is, I don't understand what the purpose of the RTA is intended to be, unless it's just intended to be eye candy :).

However, for the AxeFX RTA to be genuinely useful, you have to be able to refer to it while editing other blocks. While it would be helpful to include it in the PEQ block so you can refer to it when editing that, there are many other blocks with EQ parameters which could also benefit from an RTA. Trying to include it in all of those could become unwieldy. I'm just thinking out loud, but maybe a better solution would be to move it to an independent window in AxeEdit so you can see it while editing any other block.

As it is, I don't understand what the purpose of the RTA is intended to be, unless it's just intended to be eye candy :).

However, for the AxeFX RTA to be genuinely useful, you have to be able to refer to it while editing other blocks. While it would be helpful to include it in the PEQ block so you can refer to it when editing that, there are many other blocks with EQ parameters which could also benefit from an RTA. Trying to include it in all of those could become unwieldy. I'm just thinking out loud, but maybe a better solution would be to move it to an independent window in AxeEdit so you can see it while editing any other block.
I’m guessing that adding the ability to perform spectrum analysis in each block would add a lot of CPU and memory overhead.

Your needs may be different than mine, but every time i’ve wanted to use the RTA block it’s been trivial to drop it in after the block i want to analyze and tweak away

I’m guessing that adding the ability to perform spectrum analysis in each block would add a lot of CPU and memory overhead.
I agree. That's why I called it "unwieldy".

Your needs may be different than mine, but every time i’ve wanted to use the RTA block it’s been trivial to drop it in after the block i want to analyze and tweak away
I'm trying to understand how this would work. Do you mean you select the RTA block on your AxeFX and look at the RTA on your AxeFX while editing another block in AxeEdit on your computer?

Last edited:
I think this would be an excellent improvement to the AxeFX but just important to me is to have better frequency markers which would be very easy to do. The frequency markers on the RTA are much too simplistic. It marks 20, 63, 200, 630, 2k, 6.3k and 20k. This is not nearly accurate enough for me. If you don't want to cram a bunch of number under the spectrum chart than simply put lines on the chart that indicate every 100 Hz until you get to 1k and than a line that indicates every 1k difference just like a normal spectrum analyzer. Again, this would be a very simple thing to do and a great help.

Back
Top Bottom