Mean Gene and Super Dave - dead

The Einstein Brothers have brought me untold hours of pleasure, Super Dave/Funkhauser/beloved brother of Albert Brooks , will be missed.

That show was so good and also so mysterious to my childhood brain.

I’m with you. I would watch the show mainly to see Super Dave Ozborne.
The part that made it so funny - was how serious they both were.

The opposite can be said for the Carol Burnett show. It was so funny because of how they would “lose it” in the middle of the skits. Conway would almost always have Korman smirking and looking away from the camera.
Ahh , the memories from a time when Less was - More.

I’m with you. I would watch the show mainly to see Super Dave Ozborne.
The part that made it so funny - was how serious they both were.

The opposite can be said for the Carol Burnett show. It was so funny because of how they would “lose it” in the middle of the skits. Conway would almost always have Korman smirking and looking away from the camera.
Ahh , the memories from a time when Less was - More.
They did this one sketch I've never forgotten because it was supppppper interesting to my 7/8 year old brain at the time: this guy and a girl had t-shirts on with that very 80s style bubble lettering and they had a conversation with each by taking off layers of t-shirts. And at the end she says "this is the end of the conversation" and he asks "why?" and her last shirt says "because this is my last t-shirt" and then they made out. And yea, little me thought that was veeerrrrry interesting. :D

They did this one sketch I've never forgotten because it was supppppper interesting to my 7/8 year old brain at the time: this guy and a girl had t-shirts on with that very 80s style bubble lettering and they had a conversation with each by taking off layers of t-shirts. And at the end she says "this is the end of the conversation" and he asks "why?" and her last shirt says "because this is my last t-shirt" and then they made out. And yea, little me thought that was veeerrrrry interesting. :D

Lol. There’s a flashback. I believe that was John Byner. The mind is a crazy “vault” of information. I remember that episode , but would have never “recalled” it on my own.

I can remember getting 3 cans of playdough and 2 small toy cars , for my 3rd birthday from my grandparents ( God rest their souls ). Yet , I can’t remember where I set my phone half of the time , or what password I used , or - you name it.

Regardless - the fact that these two guys died within the same time frame is mind boggling. You might even say - BIZARRE.

Back
Top Bottom