Matchless P&W

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
As most of you know, I mostly play in a P&W setting. I have been working on a Matchless preset. The Matchless is a great amp for the current P&W styles. It is pretty clean, just a little bit of break if you crank the guitar volume. The preset has 2 scenes. Scene 1 is the amp with some compression and reverb. In Scene 1 the delay is just a mono delay. The drive is a Timmy. Chorus is a Dimension 1. Scene 2 has a different delay (2290 w/mod) with the delays set to 1/8 and 1/4 so you get U2 type repeats.

The cab is not a factory cab, but it is a freebie so I included the file. I built the preset using both my Suhr Classic and Suhr Modern. Your guitar may vary so you might need to tweak it to taste. Been messing with this preset for a while and I'm pretty happy with it at this point so I thought I'd post it here. The Timmy really compliments the Matchless giving a sweet drive without being a wall of noise. I'm finding that the preset works really well for some P&W songs.

Merry Christmas to all my Fractal friends.

Attachments

• Matchless JC.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 142
  • U006_2x12 Class-A Tom's Mix Right.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 121
I haven't checked out your preset, but I use this amp a lot for my P&W stuff... Especially with a Dual Humbucker guitar like a LP or similar..

Awesome! I'm playing guitar at church this Sunday! I'm going to check out your preset. I use the Matchless DC30 amp for most of my P&W patches. Thanks for sharing!!!

yeah, been my main amp for years. been playing with the Boutique lately for fun, not sure if it's replacing anything yet but it's fun when dialed in.

yeah, been my main amp for years. been playing with the Boutique lately for fun, not sure if it's replacing anything yet but it's fun when dialed in.
Yep. The Matchless is a recent addition to my go to bank. I still love the VOX AC-30 tb for a thicker tone, especially for the intimate worship songs, but the Matchless is such a great sounding amp.

Back
Top Bottom