Nektar Pacer....thoughts?

I got the pacer on Saturday programed it and used it on Tuesday for my Axe Fx III. It worked really good, I just wish it had midi in/thru....which ever one communicates back to the pedal haha. I found myself having to switch things back off in order to really know what was on if that makes sense in between songs.

On the Pacer. The hardest thing to program was the tap tempo but I went to the B5 patch and copied down the exact settings from that patch and did the same thing in my A1 patch I created.

I got this power supply and it works with it too.
Amazon product ASIN B07BVCLRSP

Last edited:
If I can extract the patch and post it here I will I'll look.
Basically I have it set for Patch A1
FS1-5 as program changes that switch my scenes.
FS6 is tap tempo
FSA is Delay 1
FSB is Delay 2
FSC is Multi delay 1
FSD is Reverb 1 Channel C on the first tap and the second Channel D

Patch A2 is the exact same on the bottom except FSC is Chorus and FSD is my tuner.

The EV-1 works good with it too.

Hey qjawz I am having troubles with programming individual fx on my Nektar pacer to my axe fx2. How did you do it? I am using cc toggle and for example 49 to turn on and off my drive 1 and values 0 and 127 channel 1 but nothing is happening. Am I doing something wrong?
cheers man!

Hi all,

This is Justin from Nektar. I'm very excited to see the first Pacer units finally hitting store shelves.

I want to mention, for folks who are running their guitar setup through a DAW, that the Track and Transport modes are completely separate from the User Presets, so you can switch seamlessly from controlling your DAW to controlling outboard gear. The DAW control functions have their own MIDI port which is separate from the User Presets. Its like having two controllers in one.

If you have any specific questions let me know! I may not post here often but you can always get in touch with me via the Nektar support page.
Justin why does Nektar hate Ableton? I see no Ableton logo in the DAWs listed. I already own your Nektar Impact LX88 MIDI controller keyboard and also no Ableton native integration.

Is Ableton integration coming? I'm not buying any more Nektar 'anything' until I see that support. Thanks.

Hey qjawz I am having troubles with programming individual fx on my Nektar pacer to my axe fx2. How did you do it? I am using cc toggle and for example 49 to turn on and off my drive 1 and values 0 and 127 channel 1 but nothing is happening. Am I doing something wrong?
cheers man!

Not being condescending, but is cc49 the matching value on the Axe Fx II? I don't have one to verify.

Also make sure on is 127 and off is 0.

I'd do a midi dump of the patch but I can't seem to get my daw to record the sys of the Pacer patch..as there is no other way to do that but doing it that way.

Sorry if I didn't help. :) Good luck

Are you using a Mac? There’s a good free app calls SysEx Librarian. I use it to dump my Nektar backups.

Sorry I didn't respond quicker. I run a mac. I was able to figure out how to dump it using logic. It's a midi file the manual tells you how to restore it. I don't know how to export it to a sys but whatever the case the information is in there.

Attachments

• Nektar Dump for A1-A5.mid.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Nick IIC+.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1721.jpeg
    IMG_1721.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1722.jpeg
    IMG_1722.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1723.jpeg
    IMG_1723.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1724.jpeg
    IMG_1724.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1726.jpeg
    IMG_1726.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1727.jpeg
    IMG_1727.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1728.jpeg
    IMG_1728.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1725.jpeg
    IMG_1725.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 8
SysEx Librarian will save it as a SysEx file. It will also allow you to load the SysEx back to the Nectar Pacer.

You can find the app on Macupdate.com and download it from there.

Here you go using Syslibrarian

Cheers

Attachments

• A-1.syx
    18 bytes · Views: 4
  • A-2.syx
    18 bytes · Views: 2
  • A-3.syx
  • A-4.syx
  • A-5.syx
Hi guys, ive just got an axefx2 mark 2 and a Nektar Pacer. I know literally NOTHING about midi - is there an idiots guide to setting it up to control scene changes anywhere? Thanks for your help in advance

Hi,

I bought Nektar Pacer for my Axe 2 and I'm more than happy with it.

I just would like to be able to disable/enable the rotary knob. I'd like to disable while playing, because the cable accidentally turns it and things go astray :)

Is it possible by setting something? If not, I'll make a small cap to cover it.

Hi,

I bought Nektar Pacer for my Axe 2 and I'm more than happy with it.

I just would like to be able to disable/enable the rotary knob. I'd like to disable while playing, because the cable accidentally turns it and things go astray :)

Is it possible by setting something? If not, I'll make a small cap to cover it.

Hi there,
We tried to make sure that even if you do turn the encoder during a performance, nothing unexpected will happen.
However, it is possible to disable the encoder. Please follow these steps:

1. Press the [Preset] Stomp Switch.
  2. Turn the data encoder to select 'GLBL', then press the encoder button.
  3. Turn the data encoder to select 'ENC', then press the encoder button.
  4. The display will say 'TYPE'. Press the encoder button.
  5. Turn the data encoder to select 'OFF', then press the encoder button. Note, the encoder will not actually turn off just yet.
  6. Press the [Preset] Stomp Switch twice to return to the top level of the menu.
  7. Turn the data encoder to select 'E_CTR', then press the encoder button.

The encoder will now be disabled. To re-enable the data encoder, double-tap the encoder button. To disable again, simply select 'E_CTR' from the menu and press the encoder button.

I'll add those instructions to our FAQ.

Hi guys, ive just got an axefx2 mark 2 and a Nektar Pacer. I know literally NOTHING about midi - is there an idiots guide to setting it up to control scene changes anywhere? Thanks for your help in advance

Hi Joe,

I'm sorry I missed your message. Preset B6 has Stomp Switches [5] and [6] setup to decrement and increment Scenes, respectively. There is a page on the Nektar support website which describes the AxeFX2 presets in more detail but I can't post links yet.

If you would like to setup something different, get in touch with me, via the Nektar support website and I will see if I can help you out.

Hi there,
We tried to make sure that even if you do turn the encoder during a performance, nothing unexpected will happen.
However, it is possible to disable the encoder. Please follow these steps:

1. Press the [Preset] Stomp Switch.
  2. Turn the data encoder to select 'GLBL', then press the encoder button.
  3. Turn the data encoder to select 'ENC', then press the encoder button.
  4. The display will say 'TYPE'. Press the encoder button.
  5. Turn the data encoder to select 'OFF', then press the encoder button. Note, the encoder will not actually turn off just yet.
  6. Press the [Preset] Stomp Switch twice to return to the top level of the menu.
  7. Turn the data encoder to select 'E_CTR', then press the encoder button.

The encoder will now be disabled. To re-enable the data encoder, double-tap the encoder button. To disable again, simply select 'E_CTR' from the menu and press the encoder button.

I'll add those instructions to our FAQ.

Thank you very much for the information. I'll apply it ASAP. :)

I accidentaly lost a preset when I first got the unit, but I don't remember how it happened. All I remember was that all the lights were blue, which happens when I turn the encoder.

This will definitely help! :)

Maybe I'm a bit late to the discussion and I don't own a pacer (yet).
But this guy has built a web based editor: https://francoisgeorgy.github.io/pacer-editor/#/

Requirements
This editor requires a browser that support the Web MIDI API.
Currently, only Chrome and Opera support this standard. This application will therefore not work in Firefox, Safari, IE or Edge.
This editor does not work on iPad or Android tablet either.
Limitations
The current version of this editor isn't able to edit the Global configuration of the Pacer. This is planned for a future release.
This editor is provided as-is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. If you encounter a bug, please fill a bug report with this form.

Back
Top Bottom