MAYissues

Looking for some feedback on a couple Muse patches I've been working on recently. I used to play in a Muse cover band and did everything analog. I wasn't happy with the way the Axe fx sounded a few years ago when I bought it when I tried to translate everything to digital. I love the axe fx for other applications and still learning more. With the recent update and a couple years of experience using the Axe, I decided to try again.

For reference Matt Bellamy uses a Vox AC30 to record a lot in the studio and his other two amps are a Diesel VH4 and 1959 Marshall and records through various cabinets mixing and matching.

I gave Supermassive Black Hole a go with the Diezel and Vox and they are both close but I can't seem to get there and I'm sure most of the remainder is with the Fuzz Factory. Seeing if I can get a little closer without having to break out the FF. I'm on an Axe FX II. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Diezel VH4 Blue TM_20160215_172812.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Supermassive Black Hole_20160215_173129.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 70
Fender Billy Corgan Sig Strat. It has single spaced Dimarzio humbucking pickups. I'm going to try with another guitar when I have a chance.

Also forgot to mention that I based this off of the guitar stem from the recording not a live version. A quick Google search will pull it up.

For reference Matt Bellamy uses a Vox AC30 to record a lot in the studio and his other two amps are a Diesel VH4 and 1959 Marshall and records through various cabinets mixing and matching.

So the Supermassive Black Hole fuzziness is what you're going for? Just curious because it's pretty different from the tone in Supremacy or Uprising. Keep in mind that Matt sometimes uses the Manson guitars with a built-in fuzz send from the guitar so you might have to compensate with two fuzz drives in parallel. I'd be willing to give it a shot tomorrow night hopefully.

Yes on both the presets they are for Supermassive Black Hole. I tried one with a Diezel amp and one with a Vox. I didn't feel like the Marshall fit when I tried. Here's a link to the guitar stem on YouTube:

The Manson has a built in Fuzz Factory and just trying to see where the Axe is at from past tries and seeing if it can get close exclusively on the axe. From what I've read Matt uses a Vox head to record and various cabinets. Live, he uses a Vox AC30 combo. From what I can hear on the stems it sounds like a 4x12 and I based the presets off of what I've read that he has used which is a Soldono, Diezel, and Marshall 4x12. I'm sure there are more, just trying to narrow it down.

I'll also add an IR of a Diezel cab. Thanks for the help and have a good night!

Attachments

• Diezel VH4 Blue.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 46
I'm totally checking them all out ASAP (meaning 2 weeks from now), because I'm gathering a lot of data for future presets, because I may enter a muse cover band too :D
I think the fuzz is the trap, because he may send it directly with no amp sometimes

I haven't had to go back and look at these because my daughter's been sick with what seems like an eternal ear infection haha. I'm planning on taking a look at these again in the next couple weeks. I also have a Bliss arpeg patch and one for Map of the Problematique if you're interested. When I get a chance I'll download them from my axe and post them. Word of warning tho they have not been touched since 2014 so might need some updating.

Hey man, sonds awesome!!! Thanks for the patchs, i just change the drive 2 to germanium clip type, and sounds great. Can you upload the others presets? Thanks!

There's a YouTube clip with one of the Lord-Alge brothers, I forget which one, showing how he approached a mix for one of Muse's songs.

Lo and behold, there was a track that was guitar through the Fuzz Factory recorded direct that was mixed in.

To simulate that, you may have to split off a path with just a fuzz drive and blend with the amps to taste.

Back
Top Bottom