Any way to "measure" remaining life of the battery?

Opened the unit today for dis/reconnecting the display connectors as brightness of the characters was diminishing, which solved the problem BTW; but then OMG I saw this battery that's still alive since 2012...aiaiai as I forgot to change it ! Did a backup as soon as I repowered up the unit and will get me one tomorrow; couldn't imagine if memory failed at startup anywhere....

Whoa! What is this battery business? I have never once heard that you need to replace a battery and I've been coming here since 2012. Yikes. Is there some instructions somewhere on how to get 'er done?

Its as easy as on any equipment....open, access and replace; just backup before changing, even if when this is done at normal speed yoi shouldn't loose any data.

People, please don't panic. I have an Ultra still rocking with the original battery. Same with my MK1.

These batteries do last a decade or more, unless it's a defective one.

People, please don't panic. I have an Ultra still rocking with the original battery. Same with my MK1.

These batteries do last a decade or more, unless it's a defective one.
Totally agree, but after having gone through a "battery-crisis" with a Digitech 2101LE in 2006 I guess I prefer to anticipate a bit....the price of a battery is under 2 Euro...

It's not about creating panic... The point is that the battery life is unpredictable and not the same from one unit to another. Back when I originally started this thread, I had just lost a whole bunch of presets (my own fault, I didn't have a recent backup). In mt Ultra, the battery seems to last from 12 to 18 months only. In my II XL, I'm now on my third battery.

I should have been more ckear: it's more likely that the battery life varies from one battery to another (rather than from one Axe-fx to another)

I replace all my household batteries every 4th of July. Smoke detectors, alarm clock backups, guitar synth, and Axe FXII. I have done it with the power off and never lost a thing. I do it quickly and with a "vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people in this area, but destined to take the place of the mud shark in their mythology".
I use a "counter-clickwise swirl" motion myself

Did you read the thread?

I did....thus my question since it hadn't been answered. All that is there is a link explaining how to do it and the link is broken. Broken links don't do me any good. No one said jack about how to do it (besides the broken link) until after my question where one person said "open, access and replace". Not all that detailed a response. I was hoping for a little more info since I've never opened up my AxeFx and I'd love to avoid screwing something up. Apparently in the past there was a link to the wiki page explaining how to do it, but it is gone. Maybe it's simple and no biggie. Just trying to be safe.

I did....thus my question since it hadn't been answered. All that is there is a link explaining how to do it and the link is broken. Broken links don't do me any good. No one said jack about how to do it (besides the broken link) until after my question where one person said "open, access and replace". Not all that detailed a response. I was hoping for a little more info since I've never opened up my AxeFx and I'd love to avoid screwing something up. Apparently in the past there was a link to the wiki page explaining how to do it, but it is gone. Maybe it's simple and no biggie. Just trying to be safe.

Seriously, anyone can type "battery" in the search field of the wiki? :confused:

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?search=battery&title=Special:Search&go=Go

or direct to the page:

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_II#Battery

Thanks Yek. I actually did search for it on the wiki. I’m pretty dumb no doubt, but I’m not that dumb. I clicked in the search area of the link that said the battery page no longer existed. Pulled up no results related to battery installation so I figured there weren’t any. I did try that though so I’m not sure why it didn’t work. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Reactions: yek

Thanks Yek. I actually did search for it on the wiki. I’m pretty dumb no doubt, but I’m not that dumb. I clicked in the search area of the link that said the battery page no longer existed. Pulled up no results related to battery installation so I figured there weren’t any. I did try that though so I’m not sure why it didn’t work. Anyway, thanks for the help.

If you've never changed a watch battery in any device I guess it could be daunting. Perhaps go on YouTube and look up videos on how to change the CMOS hold-up battery on a desktop computer motherboard. It's pretty much the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom