IRs Dr Bonkers IR Files Pack Tribute to Hiwatt® 4X12 SE4123 ™ 100w Cab with Hiwatt® Fane® and Eminence®

Third-party impulse response pack

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Thanks again everybody for the awesome support over the years! This cab pack was inspired by @austinbuddy and his request for a Hiwatt a few months ago...

Releasing now is Dr Bonkers presents the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Volume 11: BIGW 4X12 Guitar Cab IR files based upon a 1972 Hiwatt® 4X12 SE4123 ™ 100w Cab with Hiwatt® Fane® and Eminence® manufactured for Sound City® speakers.

As usual there are sound clips and pictures on my site. Click on the pull down menus and pop out tabs (words with a grey background) for lots of info including history and famous players who used such a cab. If English is not your first language, click on the translate button at the top of my site for many language options.

https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/p...volume-11-bigw-4x12-guitar-cab-ir-collection/

If you have any questions, as always, please ask.

Unreal!!! These are the BEST sounding IRs for the Hiwatt, hands down! I've got several IRs of the Fanes but these are by far the best. Well worth twice the price for sure.

Just ordered. My basic rhythm tone is Brit 800 through the Hiwatt cab 42. I’m curious how this may work.

Unreal!!! These are the BEST sounding IRs for the Hiwatt, hands down! I've got several IRs of the Fanes but these are by far the best. Well worth twice the price for sure.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Just ordered. My basic rhythm tone is Brit 800 through the Hiwatt cab 42. I’m curious how this may work.

Please let me know how these work out for you. I always like to know feedback on them.

Got it! GREAT TONES! I am very happy with this purchase

I've recorded a fast and dirty take with a gilmouridian tone (On an Island solo).

I have used the 4x12_BIGW_AT403_BLUE_DBS from the folder Choice_Mixes. I have chosen this one after listening only to 5 or 6 IR's from the pack.... more to discover... I like it when there are only few IR files but they are all great.

Tube Drv 3 knob + Hipower Jumped

ps: some bendings are not perfect pitch... but I enjoy so much the tones that come out of the guitar that I don't care at all about it. Its the pleasure of playing just for the sake of good tone :D

Last edited:
Got it! GREAT TONES! I am very happy with this purchase

I've recorded a fast and dirty take with a gilmouridian tone (On an Island solo).

I have used the 4x12_BIGW_AT403_BLUE_DBS from the folder Choice_Mixes. I have chosen this one after listening only to 5 or 6 IR's from the pack.... more to discover... I like it when there are only few IR files but they are all great.

Tube Drv 3 knob + Hipower Jumped

ps: some bendings are not perfect pitch... but I enjoy so much the tones that come out of the guitar that I don't care at all about it. Its the pleasure of playing just for the sake of good tone :D

That is fantastic! I hope that you don't mind that I shared it.

Thanks so much for the awesome clip and your support.

Here is another test. David Gilmour 5AM

With the same preset as the previous recording, only reducing the Drive Gain and using neck pickup (Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s) instead of the bridge (Seymour Duncan SSL-5)

Last edited:
Here it is the preset.

Scene 8,
IR "4x12_BIGW_AT403_BLUE_DBS" loaded on User1 #560

Attachments

• Hiwatt M-01.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom