How to recover IRs from scratchpad?

Piing

Axe-Master
I've spent a long time auditioning third party IR's by dropping them directly from Windows File Explorer to the Scratchap slots of the CAB block.

Now I have scratchapds 1 to 16 filled with IR's that I am interested to move to User CAB slots. Why I cannot just drag-drop them from scratchpad to user slots using Axe-Manage-Cabs?

I've browsed so many folders and files that it is going to be a PITA to go back to search each individual file by its name to load it to a user slot.

ps: I use this system to audition cabs because it is more flexible than Axe-Manage-Cabs or Cab-Lab. Axe-Manage-Cabs and Cab-Lab only allow to audition files from one single folder at a time, but I have hundreds of folders and thousands of files.

Last edited:
only allow to audition files from one single folder at a time, but I have hundreds of folders and thousands of files.
Nope. Choose the parent folder and choose the option to scan all folders in it (for Axe-manage).

Now I've changed my method: I select 4 empty User slots at the CAB block (instead of scratchpads) and I drag-drop the files there from the File Explorer. With this method the desired IRs are already there once I finalize the mix.

This is more convenient for mixing IR's from different manufacturers that are contained in many separate folders

With Axe-Edit III, at the CAB block, you drop the IR over the IR name of any of the four CAB slots
Ah, I thought you meant that there was some way to directly connect the Axe Fx III to the regular Windows file explorer without using Axe-Edit. My bad!

Back
Top Bottom