Can an iPhone play audio into the Axe USB?

clarky

Axe-Master
basically what it says in the title

I'll like to be able to practice over backing tracks in a hotel room without taking a mixer

I'm thinking of one of these with a stereo mini jack to 2 phono lead for the iPhone and a pair of mono female 1/4" jack to phone adapters for the Axe
Behringer Xenyx 302USB
it's tiny and weighs under 0.4kg
can power it via USB - I'm thinking of an international multi adapter with USB so I can use it UK, Europe and USA

And that's what the OP is asking about.
Yes, I know :) But I'm just surprised it will work with a Surface but not an iPhone, that's all. Please understand that I would expect that you would know about this but I'm just confused why it works with one and not the other.

My iPhone plugs into my car's audio system with a Lightning to USB cable and it sends audio. I'm sure there's more going on there but I'm just surprised, that's all.

Yes, I know :) But I'm just surprised it will work with a Surface but not an iPhone, that's all. Please understand that I would expect that you would know about this but I'm just confused why it works with one and not the other.

My iPhone plugs into my car's audio system with a Lightning to USB cable and it sends audio. I'm sure there's more going on there but I'm just surprised, that's all.
You must have the Fractal Audio driver installed...

I'm thinking of one of these with a stereo mini jack to 2 phono lead for the iPhone and a pair of mono female 1/4" jack to phone adapters for the Axe
Behringer Xenyx 302USB
it's tiny and weighs under 0.4kg
can power it via USB - I'm thinking of an international multi adapter with USB so I can use it UK, Europe and USA

this works a treat