WTB FCB1010 With MIDI/Power (one-cable) Mod

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Just seeing if anyone out there did the 7-pin MIDI connector mod that eliminates the need for the power cable. Debating if I can do it myself or if I might as well just buy it from someone. It'd be nice to have one fewer power cable to plug in. Thanks!

I'm not real bright but I was able to convert the fcb to midi power(some years ago) from watching youtube vids. then I made a midi cable that the power adapter plugs into so there was no chance of the axe fx getting messed up. if I can do it I am sure you can. If not I do have an fcb that I do not use any more( I bought an MFC) that is converted some were in the gear trailer I could sell I guess. the cable I already parted with but could possibly build another.

eurekasound sells a kit of dc mod for the fcb and you combine it with the midimizer with voltage kit for a good price.

What does it do: the midimizer upgrade is a kit to use a rj45 cable instead between the axe fx and fcb1010.
It's connected to the midi connectors so it cannot be powered by the axe fx...If you use the midimizer with power you can use an external power adapter and power it through the cat5 cable. I have done and it's really esay to do.

I included a pic of the midimizer with power.

Attachments

• midimizer.jpg
    midimizer.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 20
eurekasound sells a kit of dc mod for the fcb and you combine it with the midimizer with voltage kit for a good price.

What does it do: the midimizer upgrade is a kit to use a rj45 cable instead between the axe fx and fcb1010.
It's connected to the midi connectors so it cannot be powered by the axe fx...If you use the midimizer with power you can use an external power adapter and power it through the cat5 cable. I have done and it's really esay to do.

I included a pic of the midimizer with power.
Oh sweet! So I just plug one dongle into the FCB1010, the other one into the Axe Fx III, plug (what, a 9V?) power supply into the dongle at the Axe Fx end, then I only have to run a RJ45 cable to the FCB?

Gotta figure out how much modding it'd take though, since the dongle in the pic is not how the FCB plugs in...

Oh sweet! So I just plug one dongle into the FCB1010, the other one into the Axe Fx III, plug (what, a 9V?) power supply into the dongle at the Axe Fx end, then I only have to run a RJ45 cable to the FCB?

Gotta figure out how much modding it'd take though, since the dongle in the pic is not how the FCB plugs in...

Yes what you describbed is exactly how it works. The mod is very simple and easy.
It comes with all you need and instructions on how to do it. You can order a power supply with the mod kit for 5$ morte i think (i suggest you do that). I think it's a 12v power adapter.

I cannot send links yet but on the eurekasound site you can go see the power mod.
I added a pic of the mod to do. Last thing you do is drill a hole on the fcb so the dc input is secured and well installed. Thats' it.

Attachments

• powermod.JPG
    powermod.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Okay, so it looks like to get everything I'd need, I'd be looking at spending about $53 - not too bad, but also a bit steeper than a slam-dunk-have-to-order-this-minute price. Oh well. I'll keep it on the back burner for now. Looks like a super easy mod, too.

Here's the link for posterity (or for myself later on when I decide to order):
https://www.eurekasound.com/store

Alright, well, I just bought both the kit to convert the thing to DC power as well as the MIDImizer cable. I look forward to a couple hours worth of modding in order to only have to run one cable to/from my Axe Fx III for my pedalboard :D

I'll report back with how it went once I'm done.

Did the mod - it's awesome. I made a new thread with pics in the "Other MIDI devices..." forum. Thanks for the heads up about this!

Back
Top Bottom