Mounting the FC

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I know it’s hard to determine since no one has gotten an FC yet but has anyone come up with ideas for mounting or Velcroing one of these to a pedalboard? Seems like it will be tough with those long skinny edges.

I'm using bungie cords. Its part of my upside down right side up trapeze act.

a little example
boy-standing-on-a-swing-and-screaming-canvas-art-24-x-36

da933da5808e83ff27298a5d05b966c5.jpg

Hello hello! Well, I'm getting close to posting about this anyway so might as well pipe up now...

I've designed a really simple mounting system that will work for any board, without the need to remove the feet or do any other kind of jiggery pokery with the board. I've tested it for 6 months with a gigging AX8 and it's worked flawlessly, with nothing moving at all. The solution also facilitates something lots of people have been asking me about since I first launched the GloRiser (expression pedal mount and light platform) earlier last year... a GloRiser for controllers. I've worked out a way, and it's also been working flawlessly for 6 months of live use :)

Obviously I don't have an FC to set up and show you how it works specifically for that, but here's a pic (end of post) of the AX8 mounted to a board using the new system. You can't see either the mounts or the GloRiser beneath the AX8, as I was testing both and not ready to show them publicly.

More details to come... need to upload some pictures and update the ZenRigs website, as I'll be launching them later this week.

Back soon!
Sukh

phRoUF5.jpg

Just to clarify, as I've had a few questions on this already, I don't sell the board in the picture (that's made by a nice company called Temple Audio), I make the Glo-Risers (the mount/light platform for expression pedals and shortly midi controllers to mount them to ANY board), the KickTags glow in the dark labelling system and some other bits and pieces... including something new for the Axe FX III very shortly too.

Sukh

Sukh.
I’m using a diago showman board. Basically just a flat board with carpet/Velcro. With the glow riser mount to this board? There isn’t a way to screw Into the riser from underneath with this board?

Sukh.
I’m using a diago showman board. Basically just a flat board with carpet/Velcro. With the glow riser mount to this board? There isn’t a way to screw Into the riser from underneath with this board?

Yep - it just attaches with Velcro - no screws necessary

Does anyone know the screw size for the FC-12?

I usually mount my pedals from underneath the (wooden) pedalboard by using longer screws.

Does anyone know the screw size for the FC-12?

I usually mount my pedals from underneath the (wooden) pedalboard by using longer screws.

Take one out and take it with you to hardware store to match up the thread. Probably what I'll end up doing.

Take one out and take it with you to hardware store to match up the thread. Probably what I'll end up doing.
I tried that at my local Home Depot which has a screw sizing jig.
The screw didn't match any of the imperial sizes and the screw was smaller than metric 4.0 x 0.70 which was the smallest size in the jig.

I tried that at my local Home Depot which has a screw sizing jig.
The screw didn't match any of the imperial sizes and the screw was smaller than metric 4.0 x 0.70 which was the smallest size in the jig.
I'm not sure about the FCs, but the screws on the MFC, EV-1 and EV-2 are M3.5x0.60 (3.5 mm diameter, 0.6 mm thread pitch).

Hey all!

Just a quick update from my earlier post.

Since releasing the GloRiser Uni mounting kit before xmas, I've had a bunch of orders for them, but don't know if any were for FC users looking to get ready in advance of receiving their units. I'm in the UK so no idea when I'll be getting one (I'm on the waiting list with G66) but can confirm these worked flawlessly with my AX8 when I had it, which was mounted to my Templboard and gigged for 6 months without issue. No screws to remove, feet stayed on the AX8.

I'll be making a mounting video at some point (waiting for an FC to arrive sometime) but it's all explained on the site (www.ZenRigs.com). If any FC owners have bought these from ZenRigs, please post pics when you can!

Sukh

sikYpLA.png

http://www.zenrigs.com/epages/es138465.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es138465/Categories/Buy_Stuff/"GloRiser - Mounts / Lighting Platforms"/GloRiser_Uni__Midi_Controller__Multi_FX_Mount_and_Light_Platform

Last edited:
Has anyone determined what size the screws are that hold the rubber sides on are? They definitely seem smaller than the M3.5x6 on the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom