MV behavior on boutique models?

Rockwell

I was auditioning models last night in my "generic" AX8 preset, and I tried boutiques 1 and 2 for the first time.

In both models, the master vol control had no effect at all-- same volume at MV=0 as at MV=10, and no qualitative change in sound that I could detect. The MV Trim control does change vol.

I then tried the factory Boutique 1 preset, seeing with same MV/Trim behavior. Changing the model to boutique 2 in the preset is the same. MV worked as expected when I changed the amp model to those either side of the boutiques in the amp list. And in the other dozen or so presets and models I tried, both mine and factory, MV worked as expected.

I've power cycled the AX8 several times. And I verified that the MV control on the AX8 similarly doesn't have any effect when the AX8 isn't connected to AX8-Edit.

Is this MV behavior normal for these models? Have I overlooked something? I did a series of searches here on variations of "boutique master" and didn't pull any threads, so I imagine it's something on my end, or recent, or both, and not a universal observation.

I just updated to FW 10.01 last evening from 10.00. Since I'd not worked with the boutique models previously, I can't say there's any relationship to the FW update. I've not gone back to 10.00 to see if it happens there, yet.

Thanks for any insights.

R

FWIW, I resolved this issue with a hardware reset.

All of the Vox-like amps shared this master volume behavior before the reset. I hadn't realized that many of the non-Vox models, though the MV worked, were also impacted sound-wise. I'd been playing a guitar I've not used in awhile, was surprised how little I liked how it sounded. It's back to making glorious noises, again.

FWIW, I resolved this issue with a hardware reset.

All of the Vox-like amps shared this master volume behavior before the reset. I hadn't realized that many of the non-Vox models, though the MV worked, were also impacted sound-wise. I'd been playing a guitar I've not used in awhile, was surprised how little I liked how it sounded. It's back to making glorious noises, again.
you mentioned in the first post that you power cycled, and in the 2nd post a "hardware reset" - what's a hardware reset?

Yes, Power Amp Modeling (Global menu) was definitely disabled.

you mentioned in the first post that you power cycled, and in the 2nd post a "hardware reset" - what's a hardware reset?

Utility > Reset

Sounds like maybe Global power amp modeling was disabled...

Yes, Power Amp Modeling (Global menu) was definitely disabled.

Helpful to know-- thanks.

I'd be surprised if I inadvertently disabled power amp modeling on the unit, itself, since I almost never use the Global menu. But looking through the forum for the topic, it seems to happen quite a lot.

Are there other known ways to be aware of that it gets turned off?

Utility > Reset

Helpful to know-- thanks.

I'd be surprised if I inadvertently disabled power amp modeling on the unit, itself, since I almost never use the Global menu. But looking through the forum for the topic, it seems to happen quite a lot.

Are there other known ways to be aware of that it gets turned off?
It seems to occasionally happen when firmware gets updated... Not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom