700+ Naked Amps TonePack for AX8 Release

All this helps a lot - thank you guys!

In the Dream Rigs TonePack I'm going to make 3 main banks of amps (4 presets each amp), plus a single coil-ready bank that will duplciate some amps but dialed in on a Strat (or Tele).

There will be two "extra banks" of amps I did not cover in the main 3 banks, because most people probably wouldn't use them for stage or I wasn't as impressed with their sound as the others.

I also have to agree with Nathan M. -- some amps in the AX8 don't sound as good as they do in the III. It's a compromise with the processing power in the AX8 I suppose and the limits that puts on the 10.1 firmware versus the Axe-Fx III. I'm also finding a lot more brightness and in some cases harshness on the way I normally dial in an amp, have to dial back things to smooth it out - can't use same settings as in Axe III for some presets.

A little update.

Main Dream Rigs 1000+ AX8 TonePack is now complete/done - four banks are ready to go. 14 User IRs included. Extra limited but useful effects block library included too.

This product is comparable in amp tonal variety to the 1000+ Naked Amps Tone Pack for the Axe-Fx III. Well over 1000 different amp tones.

Still have two banks of "Extras" for the rest of amps less impressive to me for gig purposes (like a Gibson Scout) to polish off, but someone might still want to use. That and shooting a video that explains how to use it are the main work tasks and hold-up left. Probabyl another week or maybe two, but definitely by mid-December.

It will be normal price of $99 but I'll start with a sale for $79 as I always do when launching a new product, and probably run that sale price through the end of the year. No coupons, just same sale price for everyone.

More soon. Have to rest my ears and my index finger on left hand is swelling up daily from all the playing while testing (and typing)!

Your patience is appreciated and will be rewarded. Thanks everyone for all the feedback and input.

This is going to be a killer tool to help you guys figure out and assemble your own customized "Dream Rig(s)" no matter what styles of music you play.

A little update.

Main Dream Rigs 1000+ AX8 TonePack is now complete/done - four banks are ready to go. 14 User IRs included. Extra limited but useful effects block library included too.

This product is comparable in amp tonal variety to the 1000+ Naked Amps Tone Pack for the Axe-Fx III. Well over 1000 different amp tones.

Still have two banks of "Extras" for the rest of amps less impressive to me for gig purposes (like a Gibson Scout) to polish off, but someone might still want to use. That and shooting a video that explains how to use it are the main work tasks and hold-up left. Probabyl another week or maybe two, but definitely by mid-December.

It will be normal price of $99 but I'll start with a sale for $79 as I always do when launching a new product, and probably run that sale price through the end of the year. No coupons, just same sale price for everyone.

More soon. Have to rest my ears and my index finger on left hand is swelling up daily from all the playing while testing (and typing)!

Your patience is appreciated and will be rewarded. Thanks everyone for all the feedback and input.

This is going to be a killer tool to help you guys figure out and assemble your own customized "Dream Rig(s)" no matter what styles of music you play.

Just curious, will there be a discount for those who bought the naked amps tone pack?

Just curious, will there be a discount for those who bought the naked amps tone pack?
In essence the $79 price through December rather than $99 is the discount. After that, no. I will try to send a newsletter out to all customers that registered making sure they are aware, as I know not everyone reads this forum regularly.

In essence the $79 price through December rather than $99 is the discount. After that, no. I will try to send a newsletter out to all customers that registered making sure they are aware, as I know not everyone reads this forum regularly.

When do you plan on making these available?

Within the next two weeks, hopefully sooner. The main banks are done, but I have two “extras” banks to clean up and level, along with a block library, plus some bonus presets to add - then produce a lengthy video that walks through it all. My day iob is busy now so it is weeknights and all weekends to get it done.

Within the next two weeks, hopefully sooner. The main banks are done, but I have two “extras” banks to clean up and level, along with a block library, plus some bonus presets to add - then produce a lengthy video that walks through it all. My day iob is busy now so it is weeknights and all weekends to get it done.

I hear ya... this time of year has a way of getting stupid busy in all aspects. But, busy is far better than bored :)

Very good. This will make a nice companion pack to my Austin Buddy 700+ pack. I find these to be a huge help and launch point when I am creating my own presets.

I hear ya... this time of year has a way of getting stupid busy in all aspects. But, busy is far better than bored :)

Very good. This will make a nice companion pack to my Austin Buddy 700+ pack. I find these to be a huge help and launch point when I am creating my own presets.
Thanks -- you will be pleased. You'll get more tones to try per amp, more like the 1000+ Pack for the Axe-III.

They will be worth the wait!

Thanks -- you will be pleased. You'll get more tones to try per amp, more like the 1000+ Pack for the Axe-III.

They will be worth the wait!

Will there be a list of reasons that makes this stand out from the Naked amps pack? Not sure If my question makes sense, but I'm just wondering why we'd need it if we already have the naked amps pack. Will there be demos or anything? I understand that they're geared toward live-playing and I want the pack, but I want to know what makes them geared toward live playing and make sure that spending the money is justified when I already have the first pack that you've released (which I very much love by the way!).

Yes. Stay tuned. It's simply too much to type, the video will cover it all. This pack will add value to what you have already. The Naked Amps were dialed in like studio monitors, thinking about recording guitars, although they could be used for live. This pack was dialed in thinking it would be used for gigs, by ear with a Cab 12 feet away turned up loud (over 92db), to feel like a real amp in the room. But it still can be used for recording too. Do recommend using FRFR playback or good PA monitors (and FOH) to get this to sound right, not power amps and real cabs.

More options for each amp here, plus a good set of basic EFFECTS included, with foot switches.

But the real concept here is for you guys to have a sensible way to audition a lot of cleans, low and mid-gain/rhythm tones, Leads or high gains, to find the presets you love the best with your guitars and playing style, then COMBINE those elements which may be from the same amp or four different amps, into your OWN personal Dream Rig(s) for playing live.

This organizes the work to make that process easier to do, while letting you have lots of tonal options to suit the type of guitars you use and the music you like to play..

Yes. Stay tuned. It's simply too much to type, the video will cover it all. This pack will add value to what you have already. The Naked Amps were dialed in like studio monitors, thinking about recording guitars, although they could be used for live. This pack was dialed in thinking it would be used for gigs, by ear with a Cab 12 feet away turned up loud (over 92db), to feel like a real amp in the room. But it still can be used for recording too. Do recommend using FRFR playback or good PA monitors (and FOH) to get this to sound right, not power amps and real cabs.

More options for each amp here, plus a good set of basic EFFECTS included, with foot switches.

But the real concept here is for you guys to have a sensible way to audition a lot of cleans, low and mid-gain/rhythm tones, Leads or high gains, to find the presets you love the best with your guitars and playing style, then COMBINE those elements which may be from the same amp or four different amps, into your OWN personal Dream Rig(s) for playing live.

This organizes the work to make that process easier to do, while letting you have lots of tonal options to suit the type of guitars you use and the music you like to play..

Now I'm excited. Will definitely be buying that now. Thanks for the fast reply!

Will the 1000+ pack also available for Axe FX II guys?

I think I can get a version out for the XL/XL+ guys too for the tones -- but they will not have all the foot switch mapping I've done in the AX8 and you will have to set up the CS1 and CS2 switches I'm using for various boosts in their MFC101 or other devices on their own. I don't have time to do a video on how to do that this month.

The Axe-FX Mark II is a problem because it only has 132 or so cabs and I use some above that (the 133-189 cabs) that would affect probably 20% of the presets, have replace with lesser choice, so that isn't happening any time soon, it would be next year if I can get to it, althouygh I would like to add it eventually.

I am shooting video today and editing rest of weekend. Pretty sure I can release by this Friday if not sooner, will announce when it's all done All the banks are done, beta team is happy with the sounds. Only sound thing left is the Bonus presets. I may just move the pack out as is out and then update those bonus presets later/in next edition rather than hold up - i know you guys want this ASAP.

I think I can get a version out for the XL/XL+ guys too for the tones -- but they will not have all the foot switch mapping I've done in the AX8 and you will have to set up the CS1 and CS2 switches I'm using for various boosts in their MFC101 or other devices on their own. I don't have time to do a video on how to do that this month.

The Axe-FX Mark II is a problem because it only has 132 or so cabs and I use some above that (the 133-189 cabs) that would affect probably 20% of the presets, have replace with lesser choice, so that isn't happening any time soon, it would be next year if I can get to it, althouygh I would like to add it eventually.

I am shooting video today and editing rest of weekend. Pretty sure I can release by this Friday if not sooner, will announce when it's all done All the banks are done, beta team is happy with the sounds. Only sound thing left is the Bonus presets. I may just move the pack out as is out and then update those bonus presets later/in next edition rather than hold up - i know you guys want this ASAP.

Thanks Buddy - would be great. :cool:

Thanks Buddy - would be great. :cool:
It is doable but you will have to remap some Control Switches. While waiting for Dream Rig tutorial videos to process I did convert the Ax8 versions to XL and XL+ banks (six banks, fills the whole Axe-Fx up!). Need to check sounds carefully but seems okay so far.

Okay gang -- the Dream Rigs 1000+ TonePack for the AX8 is finally here!

It's also on sale as a special product launch price that is $20 off normal price, so its' $79 until the end of the year - no coupons needed.

If you liked the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack, you will LOVE the Dream Rigs TonePack! There are some tutorial videos I shot this weekend that walk through basics and nuances too you check out there. Start with video #3 to see what's included file-wise.

Here's the new thread on it. Let's use that new thread for conversations about the new TonePack. See you over there!

Dream-Rigs-AX8-1.png

Reactions: Rex
There will be a version for the XL/XL+ but it will not have the foot switch assignments that are a big part of the Ax8. Mark II only has 132 factory cans so that will take adjustments and doubt I can get to it until 2019, but will try...

Back
Top Bottom