Axe-Fx III as interface for Fortin Nameless

ak49climber

Inspired
i know this must be in the manual, but I just cannot seem to find it. I got the Axe Fx to be the input and output for the Fortin Nameless plugin, however I am hearing both the raw signal of the axe Fx and the nameless sound. How do I mute the axe signal and just hear the plugin?

Thanks guys

i know this must be in the manual, but I just cannot seem to find it. I got the Axe Fx to be the input and output for the Fortin Nameless plugin, however I am hearing both the raw signal of the axe Fx and the nameless sound. How do I mute the axe signal and just hear the plugin?

Thanks guys
I assume you are doing that in a DAW? Do you have monitoring disabled?

Or are you running it via an FX loop approach? If so, I you want to make sure the Output and Input blocks are not "cabled" with a shunt.

In the Axe Fx it’s just an input and an output linked together, and I am still stuck in Axe Fx II mode where I have the input all the way on the left and the output all the way on the right. I will play with doing it in reaper and trying the Fx loop idea as well.

In the Axe Fx it’s just an input and an output linked together, and I am still stuck in Axe Fx II mode where I have the input all the way on the left and the output all the way on the right. I will play with doing it in reaper and trying the Fx loop idea as well.
The Input and Output should not be linked.... That will pass your dry signal.

Got it working, there is a setting in the app that you can pick just the output of the axe fx, I also set up the Axe Fx with the send/return so the input and output were not connected.

It sounds pretty good, sounded better when I loaded some of my Ownhammer IRs. It’s nothing we can’t do with the Axe Fx though. I found the Engl Savage 2 was the closest. And I used the filter trick to recreate the Grind pedal.

I bought the Nameless plugin as well. Sounds very good to me and it is by far the best sounding Amp plugin, that l've seen.

I would like it to have:
-Tubescreamer option, cause i'm not a huge fan of the Grind pedal.
-Post EQ
-Delay and reverb pedals wouldn't hurt.

The best thing about this plugin is, that it is very easy to get great tones with it. The stock cab with mics is good. But 3rd party IRs still sound better.

Nameless + Cablab 3 is a great combination, that i like to use in my DAW.

You can download the Tubescreamer version of Mercuriall Audio for free. It's a great company, I really like their stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTS
Will do and test it. Thanks for the tip!

But for the Standalone version usage it would be nice and useful addon to have few more stomps inside the Nameless Plugin itself.

Back
Top Bottom