Favorite Clean amp in the III?

I love the crystal echoes but I removed the pitch modulator an bumped up the mix of delay just a touch.

6G12 Concert set a bit dirty with output compression around 2-3 for some punch :) .
I think this amp doesn’t get same recognition, but similar to the AC20, I think this is just a fantastically modeled amp in the fractal system. If you are looking for boldish’ fender cleans it’s on if the best , I compared a lot vs twin, bandmaster, deluxe, super , tweed and it just sits right.

Pair it with like a 160M bass guy 4x10 and oh my !!!

Two rock j-35 for cleans (Lead Channel with Drive very low)

Edit: I wonder if we’re missing out on anything since we have the Lead Channel modelled and not the Clean Channel

Anyone with relevant info?

Last edited:
We play a bunch of R&B so I need a crystal clean direct like sound for that stuff. I like the ODS Clean with the master below 5. I have the Boost, Saturation, and Bright set up on Control Switches to add a bit of volume or edge of breakup.

I don't like clean with no grit... All my cleans are a bit dirty.

I'm mostly using one of the Hook models... Also Cameron CCV and Bludojai Clean.

With an always on boost in front.
Replying to myself, but since this post was in 2018, things have inevitably changed with time.

These days, I'm typically using an equal "mix" of two models: TX Star Clean and 59 Bassguy Bright.

Alternately, I might swap the Lonestar out for the CA3+ Clean or the 6G4.

I haven't used the Hook, Bludojai or CCV for some time - I should revisit them!

There are so many options that can work great for the tones I love!

In the past I also spent many, many hours using the (original) Buttery model which was my first go-to amp on Axe Fx II, the AC-20 Bass and the NuclearTone.

Back
Top Bottom