Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Quorn roast for Thanksgiving here. This remarkable product fools some omnivores/carnivores when I make it chipped with Marmite gravy on toast.
Ooh, has meat modeling finally come of age? My main problem with meat simulations is that they taste digital, and they don’t have the right feel.

Ooh, has meat modeling finally come of age? My main problem with meat simulations is that they taste digital, and they don’t have the right feel.
...or does it count on Marmite distortion to mask the flavor and texture? :)

Um. This is about firmware or holiday meat?

That being said...I love me some of those little chickens...but nothing replaces Turkey, mashed, and gravy on Turkey day.

Firmware tastes good too.

Anyone notice any audible differences with the new firmware? There was phase inverter changes mentioned in the notes. I'm hearing a bit extra crispiness in a good way but wondering if it's my imagination.

Anyone notice any audible differences with the new firmware? There was phase inverter changes mentioned in the notes. I'm hearing a bit extra crispiness in a good way but wondering if it's my imagination.

I can't say for sure, I just know that every time I play the dang thing I'm continually amazed by how great it sounds :)

I was under the impression from reading guitar tube amplifier design books that phase inverter distortion was generally non pleasant sounding. i hope this recent change makes it sound better.

I was under the impression from reading guitar tube amplifier design books that phase inverter distortion was generally non pleasant sounding. i hope this recent change makes it sound better.
According to who? Mr. Pittman? Don't believe everything you read.

The popular PPIMV mod is all about PI distortion.

Power-amp distortion can be pretty nasty, too. But in small amounts, it adds thickness, bounce and body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom