Stage Clothes

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
Does anyone know where to buy reasonably priced "rock" stage clothes online? Collared shirts with interesting designs, slim-fit slightly flared pants that don't look like standard Levi's? Something of a 70s vibe, but with contemporary elements as well? Think Steve Vai, but toned down so as not to make someone (like me) who is known for drab clothing suddenly look ridiculous.

Low boot cut Levi has a bit of that flange thing, providing room for boots that go up past the ankle. I like those.

Wornstar Clothing is getting bigger.
They have pants, shirts, other gear. I get skinny black pants there.
Definitely not the "regular" jeans look.

Personally I like eBay for button down shirts with a "Rock" flare.
Some are pre-worn, but I'm just gonna sweat my ass off in them, so the lifespan isn't great anyway :D
More to the point, many "new" shirts are pretty costly, but eBay I can usually grab a shirt or two for $20 each.

Best of luck!!

I see you’re in Vegas. You might wanna call around to some of the folks that sew for the stage shows and ask if they could make you a few things. Since (I assume) you’ll only need a few items, it shouldn’t be too expensive. They’ll have a good idea of available fabrics, be able to fit you personally, etc., They may also be able to point you to the shops that buy retired stage shows clothing, vintage shops, western wear, costume shops, etc.,

Some good advice here. You think it would be easy, living in Vegas. I know some custom tailors, but it gets expensive. I might look at getting some off the shelf items altered. I was hoping to find a source of tasteful stage clothes that were reasonably affordable as a starting point. I'm fairly skinny, and anything available at most retailers fits me like a tent. I've never given much thought to my clothes. But my current situation dictates that I step it up a bit. Visual presentation is as important in this city as the music. Perhaps more.

You need the right foot wear too. Something with a bit of heal for that era or full on Flamingo boots. I was looking for a nice shoe or ankle boot with some heal and found a ton online, from $65 to $6,500. One or two of the more expensive ones looked incredible. I ended up getting the ones for $65. :)

We went with black pants and black collared shirts for the musicians...female singer/leader gets the pretty outfits we are just the backing fools.

Goodwill / thrift stores are a great place to hunt.

Vintage clothing stores as well... a bit more expensive than thrift stores but you often find a lot more goodies.

Back
Top Bottom